Newbe Oldie

BobR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2016
Staffordshire
Bought myself a Freego Hawk stepthrough - oldie with worn out hip joints so enjoying my newfound freedom. Found the forum via google search.

Reactions: LeighPing

Suseka

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2016
Norfolk
Hello and welcome :)

I've found, as a newbie, that this forum has lots to offer both new and more experienced riders.

Make the most of the sunshine and enjoy your new found freedom.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

BobR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2016
Staffordshire
Hello Bob, welcome! Good to hear you're enjoying the bike - hope you're getting some of this lovely weather round your way so you can make the most of it!
Thanks for the welcome, I bought the bike against all advice about being lazy etc but find that pedalling with a little assistance is really good excercise, so yes really enjoying it. This forum seems to have something for everyone, looking forward to reading all the posts.

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Thanks for the welcome, I bought the bike against all advice about being lazy etc but find that pedalling with a little assistance is really good excercise, so yes really enjoying it. This forum seems to have something for everyone, looking forward to reading all the posts.
I think folk who think e-bikes are "cheating" or make you lazy haven't really understood how they work (or tried pedaling one themselves)! You may be putting a little less muscle power into each ride but there's lots of evidence that says e-bike riders get out far more frequently which more than compensates. Long may you continue to enjoy it!

• Agree
Reactions: mw1

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
About a week ago me and my wife, after a days work, cycled about 17 miles for a pub meal. Whilst sitting there enjoying my Guiness this young punk appeared from the car park with his parents. He spotted the bikes and said, 'Electric bikes, that's lazy'. It's funny, he went very quiet when I asked him how far he was cycling home after his mom and dad bought meal.:p

Happy cycling Bob and don't forget to go full assist occaisionally and blast past a lycra, it really pisses them off.:D

• :D
Reactions: mw1