Newbee Couple need advice

tonysuffolk

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2013
My wife and I are looking for a pair of entry level e-bikes. She wants a step through. I'm not fussy but would prefer a traditional gents bike. We have seen the eZee Forza EV GTS at £895 and this seems reasonable value. The dealer (Cyclezee) has a pretty good website but I see they appear to be the only UK importer. A few years ago, there were other dealers but as far as I can see they have all stopped stocking eZee. I feel this could be a problem should this sole importer also stopped supporting the brand. I found a website ezee.com but this is now a dead link.
Am I right to be nervous?
I would be delighted to hear what others have to say about this bike and any observations.
I appologise if I have posted this in the wrong place. I'm new to "forums"

Many thanks

Tony

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Ezee in the UK have an excellent reputation and you should have no fears in purchasing direct from them. John is a regular contributor on these forums and is helpful and knowledgeable, committed to supporting his bikes for the long term.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
The Forza's a cracking bike, if you like the style: You'd have difficulty finding a better hill climber in the 250 watt class.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Tony,

Firstly thank you for your interest in a eZee bikes and let me set your mind at rest, the eZee website is down at the moment for technical reasons and will be back by Monday.
eZee are committed to the future of the electric bike business on a worldwide basis and 2014 will see some interesting new developments from eZee.

Yes you are correct, Cyclezee is the UK importer of eZee bikes and conversion kits.
We sell bikes throughout the UK and conversion kits throughout Europe, but we do not have a dealer network which means our prices are very competitive. Having a dealer network adds on average 30% to the price the customer pays.

We stock most spare parts and those we don't have can be brought in by airfreight from the factory within 10 days or less.

If you have a problem with a bike, it can if necessary be shipped back to us in it's original packaging by TNT for £25, oh and the prices you see include delivery within the UK mainland.

eZee started manufacturing in 2001 and first went on sale in the UK 10 years ago, it is one of the longest established brands on the market.

We regularly service and upgrade bikes that have been around for several years. Today I was servicing on an eZee Forza from 2007 which is still going strong despite having had a hard life.

That's enough from me, what you really want is unbiased advice, but why not come along for a test ride, we have several demonstration bikes available and some excellent cycle paths on our door step.

tonysuffolk

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Thank you all for the help and advice. Milton Keynes is a bit of a trek for us. We live in Somerset.
The quick response is reassuring. I feel much more confident buying from a company which is clearly well respected in this forum.
Thanks again all.

Tony