Newbie! Advice please Batribike vs Powabyke vs Ebco

Dave5

Just Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone. I am looking to buy a new bike but can't decide between a Batribike Granite, a Powbyke X324 or perhaps an Ebco UCR30 (although the latter has no throttle which is a toy I would like). Has anyone had experience, good or bad , with any of these models including after sales support if needed please? Thanks

Keith Palmer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 4, 2015
Hi everyone. I am looking to buy a new bike but can't decide between a Batribike Granite, a Powbyke X324 or perhaps an Ebco UCR30 (although the latter has no throttle which is a toy I would like). Has anyone had experience, good or bad , with any of these models including after sales support if needed please? Thanks
Hi,

Powabyke have been around for the longest (about 16 years) so probably the best bet - good after sales service etc

Dave5

Just Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

Powabyke have been around for the longest (about 16 years) so probably the best bet - good after sales service etc

Hi Keith & thanks. Went to see the Green Edge CS2 yesterday at e-bikesdirect. Do you have any knowledge of these or the company that makes/sells them by any chance?
It seemed quite good value & spec for just £650

Keith Palmer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 4, 2015
Hello,

No knowledge of that actual bike but I can say E-Bikes Direct have been involved in E-Bikes for a long while and do sell a lot of bikes in the UK. They are dealers for many makes.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I would expect that the Green Edge CS2 should be the clear winner.
It's their own bike, the support should be direct, not needing another link in the chain and the price is sound. All the bikes on your list are basic Chinese bikes, you pay for the components and dealers margin. They all have nearly identical motor and the same battery capacity (the Ebco UCR30 has smaller capacity but nicer finish). The CS2 benefits from extra discount, the £650 price is on the par with internet prices without dealers margin, is clearly the 'value for money' winner.