Newbie - always wanted an ebike but failed with Swytch

csjjpm

Just Joined
Nov 11, 2022
Hi,
I ordered a Swytch but 7 months later cancelled when delivery kept slipping. Am interested in alternatives and maybe more DIY.

csjjpm

Just Joined
Nov 11, 2022
Actually what forum should I post asking about kits?

IGNORE THIS I found the title at the top :rolleyes:

stargazer30

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2020
There's certainly better alternatives. Whoosh on this forum do you DIY kits and are highly rated. Or check out the Yose hub kits, there are decent quality at a reasonable price, but you will need the DIY skill to fit the kit (its not that hard though)

csjjpm

Just Joined
Nov 11, 2022
There's certainly better alternatives. Whoosh on this forum do you DIY kits and are highly rated. Or check out the Yose hub kits, there are decent quality at a reasonable price, but you will need the DIY skill to fit the kit (its not that hard though)
Thanks for the advice I'll check those out

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi,
I ordered a Swytch but 7 months later cancelled when delivery kept slipping. Am interested in alternatives and maybe more DIY.
Every kit is different and has advantages aand disadvantages. Without knowing anything about your bike, anything about your or anything about what you hope/expect it to do, no recommendations would be valid.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Tell us how fit you are.
How heavy.
Range needed.
Terrain ridden and discipline.
Typical usage.
And lastly the bike it self.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I've been into Cytronex a few times (local to us) and they have been very helpful. It isn't the appropriate kit for us but may be for many people. To my mind it is rather expensive for what you get.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh