Newbie (ex-lurker)

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Hi all,

Been reading a lot on here (including the 175 page Bafang thread!) and thought I'd join in as there seems to be a lot of like-minded people posting.

I'm a Aeronautical and Automotive based engineer and not the best when it comes to magic string, but this forum has really helped me to get my head round it all and get a grip of where I am and where I want to go....thanks!

We already have a few "normal" bikes, from trail to DH, but my intro to all this has been a 2015 Haibike All Mountain Pro, which I got for a steal on a certain auction site 2 months ago and I'm hooked. So much, that I've done more miles offroad on it, than I've done on my road motorbike all year.

I'm installing a Bafang 02 48V 500W with a 17Ah battery onto the '97 Cannondale Super V 3000 DH that's gathering dust in the garage for me to use, over the next month. The Haibike will go to my other half to ride and boost my karma bank no end.

Anyway, back to researching and back-reading...give me a few weeks to catch up and I'll hopefully be a regular helpful poster!

Cheers, Steve C