Newbie in Notts

Sunstoner

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 29, 2020
Hi

Im new to ebikes having purchased my first bike less than a month ago and im very much loving it. :p

Its an emtb by Haibike and its brought me much pleasure. It replaced my very aging 25yr old mountain bike and its quickly given me a new hobby. Im constantly trying to find time to get out on it as well as planning new routes to explore.

It has definitely got me hooked and ive not regretted spending what was an awful lot more on a bike than id ever imagined spending. That has been quickly forgotten.

If there is 1 strange aspect to ebike ownership that I hadnt expected, then its the feeling that the 15.5mph assistant limit isnt high enough. I dont wish to achieve an assisted 30mph but a more reasonable 22mph limit would seem about right. (In my very novice opinion) PS im not looking to de-restrict my bike - just saying.

I find running my emtb on flat open surfaces above the assisted speed is quite a slog after a moderate period and not particularly enjoyable. Once over the assisted speed, you really feel the weight of the bike under you.

I know this isnt the natural habitat for an emtb and its certainly not a criticism it was just something ive noted when comparing to my old bike. Of course Its very much the opposite when flying through a forest trail with its tight and twisty technical sections or tackling rock strewn hill climbs.

It was just a weird feeling as 15.5mph is so easily reached esp with 85nm helping you along.

As I say, despite this little point its been a real joy and cant wait to get out again.

Anyone considering taking the plunge should have already bought one!

Thumbs up from me!

Plus a big high five for this fabulous forum too :D

Ste

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Sunstoner

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 29, 2020