Newbie interested in folding bikes

William Llewellyn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 26, 2023
Hi there

We have decided to invest in folding bikes as I tore my rotator cuff lifting our current bikes onto our SUV bike rack.

The Woosh Rambletta was recommended on a site I use. I am impressed by the detail on their website.

I would be most grateful hear if anyone has experience of this bike or could recommend something similar.

Thank you in anticipation.

marina.vlasenko

Jan 26, 2023
I can recommend GIN X e-bike, it may be a good option for you, but it's non folding.

It has a range of 75+ miles, a 250W Bafang motor, a 48V Teslagrade battery, hydraulic disc brakes, and Shimano gears. It is also lightweight at only 19 kg.

The price is £999. Additionally, it is available through a cycle scheme.

[advertising link removed by admin, please see our rules on this and advertising of your brand in general}

Last edited by a moderator:

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I can recommend GIN X e-bike, it may be a good option for you, but it's non folding.

It has a range of 75+ miles, a 250W Bafang motor, a 48V Teslagrade battery, hydraulic disc brakes, and Shimano gears. It is also lightweight at only 19 kg.

Hi @marina.vlasenko Marina, it might be worth your while getting in touch with the website owner here with a view to sponsorship or advertiser of your ebike company Gin Bikes. By the way, your bikes look good value. I'd be happy to do a long term test review if you supplied with a loan bike. Message me if interested.

marina.vlasenko

Jan 26, 2023
Hi @marina.vlasenko Marina, it might be worth your while getting in touch with the website owner here with a view to sponsorship or advertiser of your ebike company Gin Bikes. By the way, your bikes look good value. I'd be happy to do a long term test review if you supplied with a loan bike. Message me if interested.
Hi
Yes, thanks for suggestion, will contact website owner.

How can I DM you? To arrange about bike review etc

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Hi
Yes, thanks for suggestion, will contact website owner.

Hi Marina,
Just seen some specs and a review on you gin x ebike. From what I can gather it looks like it's unrestricted and also has a throttle which can also be used to power the bike beyond 15mph, so as I like to ride street legal, I'll pass on the review.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021

Give it a rest, lady!

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
She has spammed several threads with the same spiel, one entry was enough.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We have decided to invest in folding bikes as I tore my rotator cuff lifting our current bikes onto our SUV bike rack.
Replacing the SUV sounds a good first step.

marina.vlasenko

Jan 26, 2023
Hi Marina,
Just seen some specs and a review on you gin x ebike. From what I can gather it looks like it's unrestricted and also has a throttle which can also be used to power the bike beyond 15mph, so as I like to ride street legal, I'll pass on the review.
GIN X e-bike is set by default to comply with UK street legal speed limits, with a maximum speed of 15.5 mph. Additionally, the throttle speed is limited to 3 mph, as required by UK regulations.

We understand that some customers may prefer a higher speed, and we are happy to accommodate this request. Customers can unlock GIN X e-bike for higher speeds if they want.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It has a range of 75+ miles
I certainly wouldn't get 75 miles from that battery... I can get about 43 miles max from my larger battery, on somewhat hilly terrain. Even if I dialed down the assistance current, I doubt I'd get 75 miles - even if I did, assistance would be negligible, and might not be enough to counter motor turning resistance.

You can message @egroover using the envelope symbol next to your name, top right of the page:

@marina.vlasenko - you should replace this guy, or replace his voice - is he inhaling helium? Maybe overdub with James Earl-Jones?

Last edited:

marina.vlasenko

Jan 26, 2023
I certainly wouldn't get 75 miles from that battery... I can get about 43 miles max from my larger battery, on somewhat hilly terrain. Even if I dialed down the assistance current, I doubt I'd get 75 miles - even if I did, assistance would be negligible, and might not be enough to counter motor turning resistance.

You can message @egroover using the envelope symbol next to your name, top right of the page:

View attachment 50135

@marina.vlasenko - you should replace this guy, or replace his voice - is he inhaling helium? Maybe overdub with James Earl-Jones?

hehe, why would I replace his voice? he is blogger, did unbiased review of our e-bike
It's his own yt channel and I let him do whatever he wants speaking with the voice he wants :)

marina.vlasenko

Jan 26, 2023
certainly wouldn't get 75 miles from that battery.
Getting miles is not just about the battery size but also the attached BMS. However, you are right about the hilly terrain. For flat surface using the PAS1 and peddles we have got 76 miles in range while testing.. hopefully we will share the video

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
hehe, why would I replace his voice? he is blogger, did unbiased review of our e-bike
It's his own yt channel and I let him do whatever he wants speaking with the voice he wants :)
I can't understand the appeal of the sound of cartoon chipmunks singing or talking. Inhaling helium isn't healthy. Has he modified the audio to more effectively speak/squeak to a niche audience of some sort? Wearing extremely tight lycra bottoms can have unintended consequences.

Getting miles is not just about the battery size but also the attached BMS. However, you are right about the hilly terrain. For flat surface using the PAS1 and peddles we have got 76 miles in range while testing.. hopefully we will share the video
I suppose there's also less turning resistance from whatever Bafang hub motor your bike uses. "250W Brushless BAFANG motor" is a bit vague - which Bafang motor is it specifically?

Last edited:

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
I am available for voiceover work -

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
you should replace this guy, or replace his voice - is he inhaling helium? Maybe overdub with James Earl-Jones?

There is no need to be rude...

This bike looks quite good really. Some designer flaws that could be improved though.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This bike looks quite good really. Some designer flaws that could be improved though.
It's impressively light, considering the battery capacity.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
yea, its only 19 kg
other e-bikes with similar tech specs, have 25 kg+ weight
Do you know what the battery cells used in the battery pack are? Many folk on this forum really enjoy pondering battery cell details.