Newbie needs some electrical Tech advice if poss

mikegraham26

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2013
I peeled back the insulation ,and tested the front sensor, got lovely loud beeps as magnet passed sensor Did the same with the crank sensor. I turned the pedals and the voltage dropped by around 5 volts every time it passed a magnet. Whilst it was upside down I turned the pedal faster , and it felt different. I resealed the wire with heat shrink, and took it for a ride. Lo and behold it went like a rocket, motor kicked in and stayed runnning.
Hallelujah !!! I have ridden it for 15 minutes and no turning off so far. Dont know if there was a dry joint in the wiring, , or whether poking it with probes, plus heavy duty swearing and threats of crushing it for scrap scared it , but it seems to be working. Lets hope it is permanent.
I cant thank you guys enough for all the help and encouragement. I must seem a complete numpty to people who know what they are doing, it is nice to receive friendly help and assistance.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm glad you got it sorted. At least you know where to look if it happens again.

However much experience you have, there's always new problems. Experience can only help you to eliminate the known ones.

You know what you know, but you don't know what you don't know.