Newbie on a Gtech

Milesofsmiles

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2020
Hi all, I’ve had my Gtech city for three yrs and am enjoying what it offers.. it’s just right for me. Being the wrong side of 50 (but the right side of 60 every cloud ) and an absolute beginner, I never had a bike as a kid but I did have a perhaps that’s why .. anyway hello to you all ..

Reactions: LeighPing

Milesofsmiles

Apr 10, 2020
Hi all, I’ve had my Gtech city for three yrs and am enjoying what it offers.. it’s just right for me. Being the wrong side of 50 (but the right side of 60 every cloud ) and an absolute beginner, I never had a bike as a kid but I did have a perhaps that’s why .. anyway hello to you all ..

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello MOS :)

Made sense once it became apparent what the perhaps was.

Gaz

Last edited:

Milesofsmiles

Apr 10, 2020
it did throw me for a min as my son is a keen cyclist and his mates call me MOM .. so I thought it was someone who knew me lol

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Well i don't think I know you, although we're obviously from a similar era. I make this clever deduction from the fact I don't know anyone who owns a GTech.

In any case, lockdown notwithstanding, I'm painstakingly selective about who I stalk :)

Gaz

Last edited:

Milesofsmiles

Apr 10, 2020
So my first question .. I want to put a new seat post with springy action (obvs the technicalities are lost on me) could someone steer me in the right direction to purchase said item please .. also does anyone know if I can raise the height of handle bars??

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Cheap seat posts such as Zoom: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-Seat-Post-Black-25-4/dp/B00BKY7DF0/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=zoom+seat+post&qid=1586681625&sr=8-9
They help a bit. A sprung saddle might be as effective.

Well recommended at around £50 (may have gone up) We have got one, we both really like it
(we swap it between the back of the tandem and a non-e sole bike).

Silly price https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cane-Creek-Unisexs-Suspension-Black/dp/B001C65KK6/ref=sr_1_30?dchild=1&keywords=suspension+seat+post&qid=1586681695&sr=8-30
Never tried one.

~~~
If the bars are not adjustable and no extra space on the riser you can either buy extenders

lots of other examples, just search

or raised handlebar

nb raised handlebars are often swept back as well, which I like. We have the one above, which is swept back a little more than I would ideally like. Also any raising of the handlebars can cause the need for longer cables/pipes to the gears or brakles.