Newbie thinking of a Woosh Camino

Brimo

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Hi Everyone

My name is Brian and I live in Runcorn near Liverpool. I currently ride a Trek Marlin 6 which I am very happy with although my seat is at its lowest point :) Due to my age I would really like to go electric.

Here's my size and weight figures. I am 73 years old and ride 20-30 miles in one trip each week. I am relatively fit for my age as I can walk 60 miles per month on my treadmill (2 miles per day easily) I weigh 70.5 kilo's ie just over 11 stone. My height is five foot 8 inches and the important bit, I think is that the measurement with my shoes on from the ground to my crotch is 78 cms.

I think the measurement from the floor to the seat on my Trek bike is 87-88 cms. When I'm on the seat on the Trek my toes just reach the floor.

I have ordered a Woosh Camino from Woosh bikes and am wondering, as I can't go all the way down to Southend to see one, whether it'll be a good buy for me and my measurements. I'm hoping for some good advice from you guys as to whether or not the Woosh Camino will be good for me. I've read somewhere that with the seat at its lowest point on the Camino it is about 93 cms to the floor.

Advice will be much appreciated !!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think it is very likely that within the life of the bicycle you will really get to appreciate a step-through. The Camino looks brilliant value for money, but I'd find it awkward getting on even if it was small enough (I'm 74 and 5'10"). I personally would go for the Santana3 or Santana CD. I don't know if you could change without losing your place in the queue.

We've got a step-through Motus hub, but that was approaching the same price second hand.

Brimo

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2021
One other thing I also have to consider is that I have Hyundai i10 car and can get the Trek Marlin 6 on a bike rack on the back so I can travel a long distance for more varied rides. I'm not sure how to put a step-through on the bike rack unless I can fit a temporary crossbar but that a lot of faffing about isn't it?

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Main poster your post sounds rather silly ..You say about your size in height and leg length and then say further down your main post , that you hear the bike you have ordered a bike with leg length so much larger , just doesnt make much sense at all . Step through sounds much more sensible but your choice ..Sounds daft your toes just touching the ground with you then sending as you say ? for the current bike being longer in length ..You shall be like a ballerina on point :D

Brimo

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Apologies budsy I cannot find the post that states that the Camino measures 93 cms from floor to seat so I was hoping that someone would or will come along and correct me on that or give me the correct measurement.

Yes, agreed if it was 93 cms then I certainly would look like a ballerina on point :D:D:rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: budsy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my inside leg is 32inc so only 2inc more but i could not ride that bike with the saddle down as my knees would be bent all the time when peddling.

i cant touch the floor on my bike with the saddle in the position i like so can fully extend my leg when peddling.

DSC_0078_02.JPG

i also use clipless shoes so im clamped to that thing so if i go over the handle bars that mofo is going with me :p

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
I have ordered a Woosh Camino from Woosh bikes and am wondering, as I can't go all the way down to Southend to see one, whether it'll be a good buy for me and my measurements. I'm hoping for some good advice from you guys as to whether or not the Woosh Camino will be good for me. I've read somewhere that with the seat at its lowest point on the Camino it is about 93 cms to the floor.
I aint being awkward, but as your main post sais above you already ordered the bike ..
So you ordered the bike , you wouldve been better to have asked Woosh themselfs
by calling them . often comes on this very site to answer any Qs about any of their ebikes and seems helpful to many just makes sense before ordering ..Then if happy with sizing then can order :)
Too many people jump the gun to quickly with ordering , and some later regret .. Some others most others shall be happy with their purchase ..Always i say tread carefully before you splash the cash as e bikes aint cheap ..

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
@budsy - Brimo reserved a bike. There is no deposit and he can cancel anytime.
We need the reservations to make sure that the allocation is done fairly.
@Brimo - I can fit a non-suspension seat post for you on account of your height.
The non suspension post brings the saddle down about 87cm from the ground.

Reactions: budsy

Brimo

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Thanks for your reply Woosh trade member - much appreciated and I'll be in touch with Hatti tomorrow to ensure that my Camino is fitted with a non-suspension seat post.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post :)