Trevor Appleton

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
I have just joined the forum. I received my Cyclotricity Stealth 1000w this week and have had one ride out. I live at the foot of the North York Moors in North Yorkshire, England. I was disappointed that I only managed 10.5 miles on my first trip out and it was extremely hard work pedalling the last 2.5 miles home unassisted. I didn't use the 1000w option (and beginning to wonder if I made the wrong purchase, as this will drink the battery even more rapidly).

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

I have just joined the forum. I received my Cyclotricity Stealth 1000w this week and have had one ride out. I live at the foot of the North York Moors in North Yorkshire, England. I was disappointed that I only managed 10.5 miles on my first trip out and it was extremely hard work pedalling the last 2.5 miles home unassisted. I didn't use the 1000w option (and beginning to wonder if I made the wrong purchase, as this will drink the battery even more rapidly).
If you'd have asked on this forum before you'd bought the bike, we'd have told you that. There's much better bikes for the similar money that go further, faster and get better hill-climbing.

You might find that you get more range in 1000w mode because the motor will run a bit more efficiently, though it won't make a massive difference.

You could sell the motor on Ebay and put the money towards a nice geared one. At 48v, the regular 250w ones will most likely give you more than enough power for what you want and a lot more range. If you have the standard 9-pin connector, most motors are interchangeable.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
In the case of ebikes, bigger isn't always better. @Trevor Appleton - I made the same mistake as you. 12 miles tops.. But what a ride. :)

After my education here, I bought 2 more. Both 250w, second hand purchases from this very forum. and they're just as good. Plus they have much more range. 30 miles on a good day, when I'm feeling fit. :)

If you follow d8veh's advice you won't go far wrong.