News: Bosch announces 2016 e-bike system features

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Tim, you could have shown the cross bar version, not the ladies. ;)

When it comes to integrated batteries, for me BH win the day. Just a shame that they generally use such low spec components, and have such poor back up.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
man thats 1 ugly bike rather have the batt under the seat post in the frame for better weight balance.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London

and it looks bad ass as well, cost a sodding fortune tho ;)
Aye, that is a tasty bike, no doubt about it.

Like I said, the Haibike 2011-vintage was a beauty and absolutely the first of its kind, but it was first generation Bosch and disappointed. I wanted it to be amazing and to sell hundreds of them. I had to wait until last year before FOCUS sorted out a proper full suspension Impulse 2.0 bike and that was the first e-MTB to grab me.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
BH is a funny one. They did a cracking folding Panasonic bike but, as you say, there were 'problems'.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
whats 50 cycles take on using dongles then?

will you void the warranty if used and why?

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
whats 50 cycles take on using dongles then?

will you void the warranty if used and why?
We're really not into them. We won't support bikes found to have had them fitted and Kalkhoff and FOCUS won't either. The bikes are designed to perform within the limits they're designed and supplied for, and spec'd accordingly (brakes, tyres, even lighting). Exceeding that is likely to harm battery, motor and possibly rider. Also, dongles appear to be priced at rip-off levels.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
BH is a funny one. They did a cracking folding Panasonic bike but, as you say, there were 'problems'.
They certainly are a funny one.
They have some lovely sleek design ideas, then some poor ones that look better suited to a Chinese throw away 50p bargain basement mtb. Then they let the whole thing down even further by often using low end components. Add poor/bugger all customer care, and what's left! I wouldn't touch another, which is a shame, as the NEO Race felt such a natural and lovely bike when I test rode one. I just pity anyone that has to go through the "BH experience"

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so answer this one question as thats the reply i got from every dealer bar 1

ebike shop, martin

how can they fit dongles 50 quid more than mine and still honer the warranty from bosch?

they dont sell the motors or can fix them as they all have to go back to bosch for warranty replacement.

how can they as a dealer do this and no others can?

main reason i bought my bike second hand and not from any dealer because of this.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
and my bike was bought from there store but cant buy any our bikes only for my bike even tho it has there logo up the frame as i bought it second hand.

like wtf ill get my bits from germany ;)

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
They certainly are a funny one.
They have some lovely sleek design ideas, then some poor ones that look better suited to a Chinese throw away 50p bargain basement mtb. Then they let the whole thing down even further by often using low end components. Add poor/bugger all customer care, and what's left! I wouldn't touch another, which is a shame, as the NEO Race felt such a natural and lovely bike when I test rode one. I just pity anyone that has to go through the "BH experience"
I have had my neo cross for 2.5 years now.used it almost on daily basis.Very happy with the bike.Only one problem but I had no problem with warranty here in Norway.The problem was water inside the lcd display.Otherwise the bike performs as when it was new.Spokes are thight and no problem with motor or wheels.I belive this must have been an earlier problem that has been sorted out

Reactions: EddiePJ

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Preferred by whom? Look up the FOCUS e-MTB reviews. They more than hold their own against Bosch and Yamaha, and with greater battery capacities.

The Stromer goes 'all the way up' and looks cumbersome.

I have seen the Focus reviews.You should have a look at pedelecforum.de yourself
I dont understand your argument.The new Kalkhoff battery does not look good,It doesnt make it look any better just because you was able to find an even uglier bike to compare it with

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Dongles is a strange especially when some retailers are selling speed pedelecs which can only legally be ridden on private land. Often this is not clear on some websites.

We do not sell dongles but have no issue with people choosing to assuming they know the risks and are informed that their warranty may be void if Bosch/Yamaha find out.

If you injure someone with either of these you would be in trouble but at least your warranty would be covered with the speed pedelec :)

In terms of offroad bikes I am a big fan off the KTM bikes with Panasonic hub drive as well as Yamaha and Bosch systems. However for me which is best depends on the person the same bike is never right for all.

Last edited:
Reactions: rippedupno1