News: My Haibike electric bike: making the impossible possible

Pedelecs

Editorial
May 20, 2015

A full suspension Haibike electric bike may not be most people’s idea of a 65th birthday present to themselves, but I’d be the first to agree I’m not your average 65 year old.

While that birthday will be upon me next month, I also have an adrenaline-loving and super fit 39 year old son, Scott, who rides a combination of bicycles in his home county of Somerset. A second cyclist son, Dale, lives in Lincolnshire, not quite so far away from our own Cambridgeshire home.

My wife, Linda, and I both enjoy cycling too and we’ve been using our old Claude Butlers more in recent years – trying to fend off the ever-advancing years – and taking them on holiday when visiting our son in Somerset was most enjoyable… except for the hills.

Full story: http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/news/haibike-electric-bike-making-impossible/

Our thanks to Garry and Linda for their time and for sharing their story, we're very grateful.

Mar 9, 2016
Great post and feature.

I,ve been genuinely shocked how capable Haibike is..
No matter how good or bad you are at mountain biking it has lots to offer. Reckon everybody could do almost double they normally could...
Brilliant leveller too.
Wife and I stay together comfortably on rides using different help settings..
Or I get trailer !!!

Last edited: