Next project 29er New donor bike found

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
image.jpeg image.jpeg well after shopping around for a while I've ended up with this Forme peak trail 1.0 29er. It's almost too pretty to convert. Purchased locally off eBay from Andy who built it for commuting but has found a 26"mountain bike a better option. I did give him the website details. Maybe another convert.lol. So looks like I'm going to strip my very reliable Carrera Kraken of its motor and ebike bitties and transfer them to the Forme..looks like there's going to be a few differences.biggest being cables under the crank area as well as brake pipe.bottom bracket size is standard so no problem there. And I'm going to have to get switches for the hydraulic brakes but this is the norm for a lot of people. Is there another option for mounting down tube battery without drilling and fitting more rivnuts..I'm not a big fan of drilling lightweight frames...maybe it could be strapped or glued.

Reactions: LeighPing

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
put the battery on the existing rivnuts and a thick cable tie in place of the top fixing looks a good bike should be a light build
Yes mate I was thinking along the same lines..yer should be light when finished..rides nice even without elec assist.

Pmc1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 19, 2018
Wirral
View attachment 25577 View attachment 25578 well after shopping around for a while I've ended up with this Forme peak trail 1.0 29er. It's almost too pretty to convert. Purchased locally off eBay from Andy who built it for commuting but has found a 26"mountain bike a better option. I did give him the website details. Maybe another convert.lol. So looks like I'm going to strip my very reliable Carrera Kraken of its motor and ebike bitties and transfer them to the Forme..looks like there's going to be a few differences.biggest being cables under the crank area as well as brake pipe.bottom bracket size is standard so no problem there. And I'm going to have to get switches for the hydraulic brakes but this is the norm for a lot of people. Is there another option for mounting down tube battery without drilling and fitting more rivnuts..I'm not a big fan of drilling lightweight frames...maybe it could be strapped or glued.
I drilled an extra hole in my battery mount somit lined up with the bottle cage bolts.
Then I stuck a cable tie on as well, I'm the nervous sort!