nice enough day for a bike ride.....

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
nice circular route......lots of stops for photos and was back home after 2 hours covering 20 miles. it was a little cold but battery still pumping power at the end and showing 3 lights on out of 5. no problem with the climbs and kids in the park stopped me to tell me what a'cool' bike i had as they saw this old guy cycle up the hilly terraces with ease......

route and photos for anyone interested....

2013 02 24 Comrie round 20 miles | Garmin Adventures

regards

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
lyfli :). Now I feel guilty for sitting on derriere all day!!

Love the website thing but imagine it only works with a Garmin? Is ther anything similar for an iphone? Not that it'll be much use as am still waiting for 3 g ....

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Looks like a really beautiful route and nice and quiet .

And the kids thought your bike was cool ......thats :cool:

Thanks for sharing the info and great pictures :)

Lynda :)

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
lyfli :). Now I feel guilty for sitting on derriere all day!!

Love the website thing but imagine it only works with a Garmin? Is ther anything similar for an iphone? Not that it'll be much use as am still waiting for 3 g ....
hi, i dont have an iphone but there must be apps to do similar thing.....the system i used is a garmin system for garmin gps units.

if you do a route and can remember exactly where you went , then bikehike is quite good and free to use ....there are others but cant just recall the names....
regards

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
A biggish looking hub motor there and nice battery position, is it a production or kit bike? Lotta great bike routes over there, Loch Katrine is a nice ride too.

Storcker

Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2012
kids in the park stopped me to tell me what a'cool' bike i had as they saw this old guy cycle up the hilly terraces with ease......
Looking at your nice photo's have you fitted narrower tyres to your Storck?
I have the same bike.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
nice circular route......lots of stops for photos and was back home after 2 hours covering 20 miles. it was a little cold but battery still pumping power at the end and showing 3 lights on out of 5. no problem with the climbs and kids in the park stopped me to tell me what a'cool' bike i had as they saw this old guy cycle up the hilly terraces with ease......

route and photos for anyone interested....

2013 02 24 Comrie round 20 miles | Garmin Adventures

regards
Hi dmcgoldrick,

Those pictures are lovely,but seriously, dont you wish at times that you had a friend to ride with or even a couple?

Mountainsport

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Nice ride out.
I see you're not a million miles from Strathallan Airfield, an old stamping ground of mine. :)

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
Looking at your nice photo's have you fitted narrower tyres to your Storck?
I have the same bike.
mods to original spec are raised stem for more comfortable ride for me......tyres are 28 x 1.5 marathon plus (changed from big apples)...topeak rear rack and quick release rear bag......topgear double stand...
all small changes to suit myself.....
regards

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
Hi dmcgoldrick,

Those pictures are lovely,but seriously, dont you wish at times that you had a friend to ride with or even a couple?

Mountainsport
i rode bikes with my kids in belgium for years.....there is an organised leisure riding bike club locally i can ride with anytime i choose but they have a set day once a month......one of my neighbours likes to go on longish rides......so i have plenty of opportunity to ride with others, but that needs organising and is at set times etc......i enjoy photography and just taking off if i feel like it.....going my own pace......i play golf but never play solo as i consider that a competitive sport.....i walk in the hills ,sometimes alone sometimes with others.....

i am easy either way but have more free time than others who may still have full time work.......anybody wants to come and join me in my area for a bike ride is very welcome.......
regards

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I ride alone, unless the family do one of the local trails on a sunday, when I get to tow the Trail Buggy, "As you've got a motor" :rolleyes:

Haven't made up my mid if it's because I don't like organisation, or I'm just a Billy-no-Mates.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
We two too went for a ride yesterday - round Tatton Park for cake and coffee. We took the Bromptons and five minutes into the ride realised exactly why we'd changed to ebikes! When the road was flat and the wind behind us all was fine. A slight uphill incline and facing into a cool winter wind legs and lungs and hearts felt the strain! Afterwards, huddled over hot coffee cups we calculated that, with a combined age of 150, we decided it was time to engage brain-cells and charge the batteries! Bromptons are back on stand-by duty runs to the paper shop (round trip about 1 mile!)
Congratulations to OP for great document.
Best wishes, and may the ewind be ever at your back!
Tom

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
We two too went for a ride yesterday - round Tatton Park for cake and coffee. We took the Bromptons and five minutes into the ride realised exactly why we'd changed to ebikes! When the road was flat and the wind behind us all was fine. A slight uphill incline and facing into a cool winter wind legs and lungs and hearts felt the strain! Afterwards, huddled over hot coffee cups we calculated that, with a combined age of 150, we decided it was time to engage brain-cells and charge the batteries! Bromptons are back on stand-by duty runs to the paper shop (round trip about 1 mile!)
Congratulations to OP for great document.
Best wishes, and may the ewind be ever at your back!
Tom
tom, my brompton is also e assist.......even short trip to shops becomes enjoyable when the steep hill back home becomes easy with that ewind........
regards