No argument....

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
I go to cannock chase lots and they have them there, where its shared with public, or doesn't it matter at this location.
I hadn't realized they were illegal until I read this thread.

Link. Forest Segway Experience | Adventure Days Out at Go Ape
Not sure how they are getting away with it. At a guess they have some form of third party insurance in place that allows them along with permission from forestry commission to get away with this.

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Not sure how they are getting away with it. At a guess they have some form of third party insurance in place that allows them along with permission from forestry commission to get away with this.
I will inquire when there next, will be going in the next few weeks if weather holds out.Will post reply.!

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
The specific case of farmers use of unregistered motor vehicles is legal, with certain conditions. Farmers are allowed to use unregistered motor vehicles as long as they don't exceed a 6 miles of on-road use a week with them. They are allowed to use unregistered motor vehicles anywhere on their own land, provided those vehicles are designed and intended for agricultural use.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
The specific case of farmers use of unregistered motor vehicles is legal, with certain conditions. Farmers are allowed to use unregistered motor vehicles as long as they don't exceed a 6 miles of on-road use a week with them. They are allowed to use unregistered motor vehicles anywhere on their own land, provided those vehicles are designed and intended for agricultural use.
So at a guess that means a quad is alright for a farmer to use. Mind you it does mean the old farmer I used to know (80+) who used to use a Citroen Xantia on the basis he was a 80+ years old and b it was cheaper than a quad was probably technically breaking the law.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
In the West End of London where this incident was, the vans are forever picking up arrested people, it's a very busy spot for the police with all the shoplifting, pickpocketing, illegal selling, begging, find-the-lady etc that goes on continuously. The actual policing on the streets is mainly done by plain clothes pedestrian officers, with support from those using bikes and cars.
I like that one "find-the-lady". It would of sounded more subtle if you had added dot com on the end of it.
That made me chuckle.

Mountainsport