No gear shift indicator on Bosch Intuvia

ladymelchet

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 19, 2019
Can anyone explain why there is no gear shift indicator on my Bosch Intuvia display due to my ebike having hub gears ( Nexus 8) A quick look at the Intuvia manual states that with hub gears there is no gear shift indication but no explanation.
I have also noticed that going up hill the power mode can jump from eco to tour automatically. My husband states it is my imagination and I must have touched the button without noticing!
The bike is a Raleigh Centros.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Can anyone explain why there is no gear shift indicator on my Bosch Intuvia display due to my ebike having hub gears ( Nexus 8) A quick look at the Intuvia manual states that with hub gears there is no gear shift indication but no explanation.
I have also noticed that going up hill the power mode can jump from eco to tour automatically. My husband states it is my imagination and I must have touched the button without noticing!
I may be sticking my neck out, but on (relatively!) modern bikes that I have owned and used, the gear indicator has been mechanical and on the gear shift "grip"..... Does Nexus not have a "grip" available? Or have you not looked yet?
Such things are often available on ebay!!
Best of luck
Andy

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Fairly sure it's up to the manufacturers whether they enable / disable the gear shift indicator on the Intuvia display. Perhaps your dealer can enable it via their diagnostics?
Personally, in cars / vans, I find the indicator telling me when to change gear rather annoying.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I am sure your husband is correct.. there is no way to swop power settings except by touching the mode button. My experience is that the Intuvia is very tolerant of being in the wrong gear,and will only advise if there is potential overheating..In fact and with derialleaur gears, I rarely get an indication.