No keys... can I still use bike?

Whiteynyc

Just Joined
Jul 5, 2020
Thanks all, all input is very much appreciated!

In particular d8veh - your posts are very informative and sounds like there may be a solution to the no key issue, thank you!

I've attached an image of the lock/battery area (not from the actual bike)... not sure if this is good/bad in a 'no key' scenario?!

I've no idea if the battery works or not, it's very cheap at the moment (it's the one you've linked to) so a bit of a gamble. It's sold as spares or repairs which may be a clue!

Whiteynyc

Just Joined
Jul 5, 2020
The other gentleman is exactly right! I grew up working in a family owned body-shop and my favorite place; the junkyard! Almost all motorized transportation or equipment i.e scooters, ebikes, motorcycles, forklifts, heavy equipment minus automobiles and new motorcycles can be started by pulling out the wires from the ignition. Most have 3 but you are only concerned with two which are mostly black and red, Blue and white, Green and white but it's pretty esy to find the hot or positive wire by following it to starter or other major electrical components. All you have to do is touch the two (2) wires together and it will turnover or start. There are several different ways besides this. I have used the method in which I included in this post in a link to Youtube (
) to start scooters I bought at Police auctions or for cheap at storage sales. All in all once you drill out the ignition or pull it out the rest is cake. Since your new to this and it's not stolen you can just google the make and model and ask which two wires by color are NEG and POS and your good to go! I live in NYC so prices for a locksmith are $$$$$$ so I just normally hook up a Toggle switch and order a new ignition from Aliexpress or another similar site out of China where I normally pay around $8.00-$12.00 U.S. for new ignition with two (2) keys.

It's all really pretty easy just do a little research on Google and Youtube and I am confident you will be starting bikes with your girlfriend's bobby-pin before long. Good Times!!!!