no power

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
hi everyone ive just gone to turn my bike on at the throttle and there is now power what are the tests i can do to determine the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as usual

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We need to know the kit and whether it has PAS ?
If it has PAS does that work ?
Sometimes there is a reason why things fail so we need to know when last the bike was used and if anthying happened like the bike fell over, an off or riding in the rain.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
We need to know the kit and whether it has PAS ?
If it has PAS does that work ?
Sometimes there is a reason why things fail so we need to know when last the bike was used and if anthying happened like the bike fell over, an off or riding in the rain.
36v 500w it does have pas and it has been rode in the rain how can i check pas if there is no power the power turns on and off at the throttle

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pas and throttle power should be independant or are you saying the throttle is a key switch type ?
Maybe some pics of the display and throttle will help !

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Pas and throttle power should be independant or are you saying the throttle is a key switch type ?
Maybe some pics of the display and throttle will help !
hi neath its not the throttle power as ive tried another throttle i checked the voltage in the battery and its reading 0.00 but it charged up ok the other day could it be some sort or overload protection that has tripped or something else if so is there a way of restarting it so the battery charges

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Battery has an internal discharge fuse, some have a grommet to access said fuse. If not said battery will have to be opened to check it. A blown fuse would give 0v reading.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can we see a bigger pic of the battery and the inside.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's the problem with shrink wrapped batteries one has to part open them to get at the BMS and the sense wires. If you decide to do nothing then it is just scrap ready for recycling, to even have a chance to see where the issue is one needs to carry out basic voltage checks on the cell groups and the pack contacts.
There may or may not be a fuse inside, somehow I doubt it.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
That's the problem with shrink wrapped batteries one has to part open them to get at the BMS and the sense wires. If you decide to do nothing then it is just scrap ready for recycling, to even have a chance to see where the issue is one needs to carry out basic voltage checks on the cell groups and the pack contacts.
There may or may not be a fuse inside, somehow I doubt it.
thank you neath i will have to open it when i have some spare time hopefully it is like you have said and can be easily fixed

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If one is not seeing an end voltage then a bad wire, fuse or BMS fault.
If not charging again can be all three or a low out of balance cell group.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
If one is not seeing an end voltage then a bad wire, fuse or BMS fault.
If not charging again can be all three or a low out of balance cell group.
if it is the cell group the cells would have to be replaced wouldnt they when i try charging it the charger just stays green

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the charger stays green it can mean many things, the battery is fully charged so the BMS won't switch to allow more charge, a cell group is at max voltage 4.2v and no more balancing is occurring leaving the others at a much lower voltage or a cell group is low and the BMS not allowing switching to take place for the charge to start.
The green light can mean many things, but without voltage checks one won't know which option.