North Wales coastal cycleway / cycle path Talacre (Point of Ayr) to Penmaenmawr: 34 m

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Well i finaly booked my holidays on Point of Ayr caravan park,in Talacre ,the last time i had a holiday here was in August 1965 aged 11yrs ,best holiday i ever had ,the acomodation was like a garage with curtains,but beautifuly clean,no toilet apart from a ducket ,which was outside ,whats a ducket? its a container ,in this case a metal one ,with two bits of wood to sit on,there was no rush for this toilet,lol the owner of this wonderful acomodation was Mr Travis ,who latter informed us that the contents of the ducket,helped to grow the tomatoes we were eagerly buying off him ,yuk,lol

Still them wonderful days are gone ,and the point of Ayr caravan park backs on to the beautiful sand dunes of Talacre ,which has a 34 mile cycle track ,can you imagine that 34miles following the coast.lol ,heres a link ,
North Wales coastal cycleway / cycle path Talacre (Point of Ayr) to Penmaenmawr: 34 miles

very best wishes Brian.

hallii

Pedelecer
May 5, 2011
I was on that cycle track a couple of weeks back, (on my non e bike, e bike arrives next week) it is a very quiet and level track with wonderful views. If the wind is strong and off the sea you will know it!

geoff

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
I was on that cycle track a couple of weeks back, (on my non e bike, e bike arrives next week) it is a very quiet and level track with wonderful views. If the wind is strong and off the sea you will know it!

geoff
Hi geoff,brilliant my friend ,i have not been on the cycle track yet ,but had to make a choice between canal tow paths and the cycle track across beautiful wales ,and wales won,and yes i can imagine how windy it might get ,but im sure my tonaro bighit ebike will cope ,altho i do want to peddal as much as i can,hope you enjoy your new e/bike when it arrives ,what sort are you having ?,very best wishes Brian.

hallii

Pedelecer
May 5, 2011
It'sone of these, the MK3 ElectroBike - Mk2 & Mk3

We finally decided on them because we use the bikes a lot when we go off in our motorhome so they won't be in everyday use, they fold so they will go in my "garage" under cover, and they are sold by a company that is not to far away so when it goes wrong it's not to far to take it back!

Apart from which, they are quite good value for the spec.
Geoff

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Brian I am really looking forward to hearing all about your holidays.....that cycle path sounds great.....hope you have a fantastic time it sounds like a lot of fun and your Bighit will LOVE it .....let me know what the site is like too.

Lynda

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
OMG, thankyou Blewit so much for the links, the photos are absolutely fantastic and this cycleway has now gone on my list of got to cycle that soon !! :)

Lynda

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
North Wales is full of fantastic scenery. I was working on the Abergele bypass for many months. For some strange reason, we were not allowed to work on Sundays, these were spent in my favourite place, Conwy. In the photo of Conwy Quay, the restaurant where I had Sunday lunches can clearly be seen.

I was there during the lead-up to the Investiture of Charles to the Prince of Wales. This was a 'troubled' period, there were certain pubs where 'foreigners' were not allowed to enter.

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
It'sone of these, the MK3 ElectroBike - Mk2 & Mk3

We finally decided on them because we use the bikes a lot when we go off in our motorhome so they won't be in everyday use, they fold so they will go in my "garage" under cover, and they are sold by a company that is not to far away so when it goes wrong it's not to far to take it back!

Apart from which, they are quite good value for the spec.
Geoff
Hi Geof love the bikes my friend ,good that help is close at hand should you need it ,have brill fun,very best wishes Brian.

eJay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 16, 2011
Hi mate
I live in Colwyn Bay and fish up and down the coast, so know this area pretty well. If you go as far as Penrhyn Bay its well worth a stop off in Angle Bay, lots of seals there, a really nice place.

Also round the Great Orme toll road is well worth a ride.

Anyway, have a nice holiday
Jay

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi Jay ,thanks a million my friend ,you are very lucky to live in Colwyn Bay ,beautiful area,and your pics show just that ,i spent most of my childhood hoildaying in North wales ,and have so many special memories.
I totaly overlooked Wales in the last few years,in favour of travelling hundreads of miles down south,and then i bought my Tonaro E/bike and excitment grew when i thought of wales and folk on this forum sent me beautiful pics of the 34 mile cycle path,any way its off to my brothers first he lives 70 mile away in Rugby .shame that is in the wrong direction,lol and then wales first thing Monday morning,my very best wishes to you my friend .ps if you see a Tonaro Bighit going buy shout hello , its probbaly me,Brian.