NOT Charging

Itsshreck

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
Hi guys
sorry it’s me again
i recently bought from the German company that was recommended a 24 volt battery soft pack ( only just arrived) customs grrrrrr
but when I come to check it’s charged it only says 25% charge on the soft pack
it has been left on all night
i have checked my charger and it says 29.2 volt
am I missing something or doing something wrong ?
many thanks

Attachments

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Hi guys
sorry it’s me again
i recently bought from the German company that was recommended a 24 volt battery soft pack ( only just arrived) customs grrrrrr
but when I come to check it’s charged it only says 25% charge on the soft pack
it has been left on all night
i have checked my charger and it says 29.2 volt
am I missing something or doing something wrong ?
many thanks
Have you checked the polarity matches on both battery and charger? If you are using your old charger they may be different.

Itsshreck

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
Have you checked the polarity matches on both battery and charger? If you are using your old charger they may be different.

Hi Pete
how do I do that please ?

hi Pete
just asked a friend how to do it correctly
i have checked and it is the correct polarity

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You should have done it before attempting to charge. If you get it wrong, there's normally a big bang and the fuse in the charger blows. If you can still measure 29.2v, it probably OK.

Those battery charge indicators are more trouble than they're worth. Never take any notice of them. Instead, measure the actual battery voltage with your meter on its output connector.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
A photo of the battery and charger connectors may help. Have you maybe connected the charger to the discharge lead?

Itsshreck

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
A photo of the battery and charger connectors may help. Have you maybe connected the charger to the discharge lead?
hi Pete
I have put it all back together now going to take on a run soon as it cools down but I am pretty sure I have connected it correctly

these are some pictures not brilliant but if you think I have done something wrong please let me know
thank

Attachments

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
hi Pete
I have put it all back together now going to take on a run soon as it cools down but I am pretty sure I have connected it correctly

these are some pictures not brilliant but if you think I have done something wrong please let me know
thank
Can't see anything obviously wrong in your photos. What's the voltage of the battery on output connector? Does the light on your charger turn red when connected to battery?

Itsshreck

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
Can't see anything obviously wrong in your photos. What's the voltage of the battery on output connector? Does the light on your charger turn red when connected to battery?
yes charger turns red when plugged in has it should then eventually green

pictures are the specs of battery

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check the voltage charge of the battery with your meter.

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
Not much point checking the voltage with a meter unless you have the motor working at the same time. You need to check the voltage with the motor stopped then with the motor working. That will give you a true indication of the state of the battery. I would imagine a 24volt battery to read about 26volts off load, then it should drop to around 23-24volts with a standard load.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
24v battery will read 29.4 fully charged and any where down to 21 - 22 .4 at lvc.