Nothing like binding your time

Greenpotterer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 29, 2011
Hello I've been browsing the forum for many years and finally taken the plunge. I haven't been able to ride my unassisted bikes for about 5 years now. So today I went out tried a few bikes and my wife bought me one for my birthday. What a revelation I've ridden 8 miles which may not seem far to many but to me it's amazing. I'm sure I'll be lurking for many more years. Thanks for all the information gleaned at others expense.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
How do you think it would be for off-road? Nothing too serious, trails and rough paths rather than mountains and downhill courses
Fine. We ride our low step Motus like that, and the Cube should be a little more robust. We tend to keep to the road when its muddy, partly for convenience, partly because the Marathon Plus aren't very good at mud.

Just find tracks where you don't have to lift it over a gate!

Enjoy

Reactions: Stanebike

Greenpotterer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 29, 2011
I’ve only ridden it on the road yet but I have to agree about carrying it about. Had a bit of a shock when I collected it from my local bike shop.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
e-bikes are too heavy and have u seen a woman try lift one over a gate or such

so no e-bikes also arent for the wife and she agrees with me on such .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
WHAT?
That's an outrageous statement. I've only got an e bike 'cos my wife got one first and I couldn't keep up. As for lifting them over a gate - you try it:D
Agree.
The poster is a troll, trolling the forum dissing ebiker's and ebikes left right and centre with his doom and gloom tactics, the sooner he crawls back under the stone he came out from under the better. He trolled several posts yesterday with disparaging comments in general.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
WHAT?
That's an outrageous statement. I've only got an e bike 'cos my wife got one first and I couldn't keep up. As for lifting them over a gate - you try it:D
I can't lift my wife over a gate either (or the electrified tandem, even with her help)

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I must admit I tend to open the gates
Depends on the gate type ?

SJPT might get a smack if it's a Kissing gate or it might be his lucky day if he tries :p.