Now I'm officially a full time "ebiker"

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
I cannot believe it but after 20 years of being a motorcyclist I can no longer call myself one. Today I sold my 2015 CBR600 and I have no plans on getting another motorcycle. Buying an E-bike has changed my life! I've not lost any weight but I'm the fittest I've been in the last 10 years! I used to use my motorcycle every day but I replaced it with my E-bike! I decided to sell the motorbike when I went to turn it on last week and the battery had died. This has never happened to me before.

So yeah.... E-bikes ARE the future! Once my son is old enough (he is 3 months old at the moment) we will be getting a bike seat so we can do our family trips around town on our e-bikes!

We will always have a family car because doing a 100 mile trip in a day with a family isn't workable but our arm is to use our bikes to do as much travelling as we can :)

over 6 months in and the "new toy" feeling hasn't gone away at all. It just gets stronger as I'm cycling more it has been improving my moods as well as my health!

Ride safe everyone :D

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I sold my motorcycle last November due to the fact I was doing six times as much millage on my e-bike than I was on the motor bike. I have to admit though, if say one of the large motorcycle manufacturers (Honda, Yamaha etc) was to bring out a reasonably priced electric motorcycle with a decent range then I might be tempted to buy one.

corsur

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 24, 2019
Yes iv had loads of motorcycles in my day Yamaha R1 CBRs the lot. Nothing beats the ebike feeling. Getting to see things now that I would normal fly by. And its keeping me fitter. Love it.

Reactions: kingsknight

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
I sold my motorcycle last November due to the fact I was doing six times as much millage on my e-bike than I was on the motor bike. I have to admit though, if say one of the large motorcycle manufacturers (Honda, Yamaha etc) was to bring out a reasonably priced electric motorcycle with a decent range then I might be tempted to buy one.
So we are in the same boat. How many miles have you done on your ebike in total? I'm almost at 1500 so far! I was worried about how reliable my ebike was going to be but it hasn't given me a single issue so far :D

corsur

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 24, 2019
Your putting me to shame iv done less than half your mileage. How long have you had the bike. I only got mine from end of January. So with bad weather not getting out as much as I would like.

Reactions: kingsknight

Adamski

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2018
I had to stop riding my motorcycle, after 30+ years, I thought it would be hard. I am amazed to say that my ebike replaced them in my heart almost immediately! I can now go on all of the green lanes that ice bikes are now banned from, silently, and almost as fast if I want!
We love getting out in the local woods, riding rooty climbs like they aren’t there, and hammering down the other side with a massive grin on my face!

Reactions: kingsknight and Nev

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
How many miles have you done on your ebike in total?
I bought my e-mtb last May and I have done just over 3500 miles on it. I have also recently bought (about a month ago) an e-racing bike and I have done about 450 miles on that.

I am currently using the e-racing bike about twice as often as the e-mountain bike but that's probably because its still a novelty. This will probably even out after a couple of more months.