odd thing with my 905SE

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
What's the problem!

Hi Eddeio

I mentioned the bike was still under warranty even though it was second hand. I emphasized this point as it is not usual and special to Wisper and one or two others, simply to put your mind at rest!

In your post you say "Have had enough lol and just glad to get the bike back.......:) " So can I assume everything is OK with the bike now?

Even though you say you were happy to pay the £124.00, being good to my word, I am confirming that we still will refund you.

PM me with your account details and I will make the transfer today.

Best regards David :eek:

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Hi Eddeio

I had long discussions with the directors of ETS about your problem, which was a lacing fault. I told them that I would look after the costs, even though the bike was second hand.

Who did you speak to?

You should not have been presented with a bill at all and it will be refunded. Have you paid it yet?

Best regards David
What is a lacing fault please?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Lacing

Hi Bigbe

Spokes are fitted at angles to the hub so they cross over somewhere along their length, (like lacing a shoe) this gives more strength to the wheel construction.

Occasionally one or two spokes are not laced in sequence. This causes problems that are not always immediately identify-able, but will eventually become apparent as the extra stress is transfered to other spokes and failure of spokes occurs. Fortunately this is rare but can happen on hand built wheels.

Regards David

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Thanks David,

So the owner was having problems with spokes breaking?Is the solution to change the wheel or to repair the spokes?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
PM me with your account details and I will make the transfer today.

Best regards David :eek:
received payment today...So thanks David

Between work and unfinished DIY have not had a chance to try bike as yet...

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Mend or chnge

Thanks David,

So the owner was having problems with spokes breaking?Is the solution to change the wheel or to repair the spokes?
Hi Bigbee

The wheel would probably need to be rebuilt to get the tensions right.

All the best David