O'er hill and dale...

Broadbeans

Pedelecer
May 21, 2008
Evening, colleagues!

I think all you throttle jockeys (thanks, BlewIt!) have got it just right. My moped pal and I have long thought that low-powered cruising is tops.

Whenever we go out on our BSAs, in a group, it always end up as a a high-speed ride and we hardly get to enjoy the passing countryside. Much more fun to amble along and take in the scenery. I reckon you could easily tour Britain and Europe on a little 90cc or 125cc jigger, rather than belt along on a big (and heavy) mile-eater.

Just wait till I get my electric! What better than a gentle 20-mile spin round Cheshire lanes on a Sunday afternoon, with tea and cakes en route?

:) Johnny

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's right on Johnny, I've always found far more enjoyment of the surroundings on a bike than I ever did on my motorbikes. Last one of those I got rid of nearly four years ago and I haven't missed it. Of course age comes into it as well, as a teenager nothing would have persuaded me to get rid of my motorbike, cycling dropping to quite a low level. Soon got back to more cycling in my twenties though.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
I love them both and having spent almost a year with just a motorcycle and a tent in Europe and North Africa, then a month on my honeymoon with just a motorcycle and a credit card (oh, and a wife. :D ) I cannot see me ever being without one (assuming good health).

Very different pleasures though.

halflife

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2008
Evening, colleagues!

I think all you throttle jockeys (thanks, BlewIt!) have got it just right. My moped pal and I have long thought that low-powered cruising is tops.

Whenever we go out on our BSAs, in a group, it always end up as a a high-speed ride and we hardly get to enjoy the passing countryside. Much more fun to amble along and take in the scenery. I reckon you could easily tour Britain and Europe on a little 90cc or 125cc jigger, rather than belt along on a big (and heavy) mile-eater.

Just wait till I get my electric! What better than a gentle 20-mile spin round Cheshire lanes on a Sunday afternoon, with tea and cakes en route?

:) Johnny
Let us know when you get it, we should arrange a cheshire ride out (from Northwales myself about 10 miles from Chester). Anyone else up for it?