Oh no not again he!he!

uk_steve

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2007
Folkestone Kent
Guess what? It's a "which" bike thread :)

Well guys & girls I be letting go my trusty wisper 905 se sport 36v / 14ah this ebike has been brilliant for my needs over the years ;) I could just buy a new battery around £550 but I like the idea of getting a new bike, out with the old in with the new.

Now a little bio on me I been a e-bike guy since around 2006 my needs are as follows,

1. I'm weighing in around 110KG (working to get this down to 100KG) with the help with the new bike! Wisper has lost me 25kg over the last few years so thank you Wisper!

2. I'm above knee amputee with false limb

3. Twist and go is essential for safe pull off at traffic lights etc but after a few seconds I can get the motion for power assist, hills in my area are no longer then 5 minutes in time and very few on my leisure route

4. Battery range realistically is 10miles to 18miles twice a week , I can't have any if and butts on this because dead battery means I'm stuffed, I can't walk far!

Ok I put my self on the reserve list for the Woosh Big Bear, however I'm all ears on other makes which may be better for my needs but I will try one out to satisfy my curiously when the new shipment lands regardless

My reasoning for the above bike so far

1. Price and Spec to me looks very good

2. Cost of replacement battery's is not as much as Wisper replacement battery's it's around 36% cheaper if I need a extra one at some point

3. I'm based in Kent I can get over to them in Essex plus I'm dartford tunnel / bridge charge exempt :)

So yeah let's have some food for thought suggestions and ideas

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Are they out of stock with the stepthrough version as well? I tried the stepthrough one at Redbridge on Sunday, and it was so comfortable and relaxing. I preferred it to the crossbar one.

Reactions: uk_steve

uk_steve

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2007
Folkestone Kent
Hi
I didn't ask to be fair, maybe that could be a option but it's never really been on my mind due to stepthrough looks like a grannysmith bike but now at 41 looks alone is not a problem with me :) sorry in advance to all the grannysmiths on the forum :) on a practical note it be very practical for me and my false leg and not a sort a bike for someone to try and pinch perhaps, the amount of times I felt prying eyes on my 905se when out and about with the "Initt bloodes massive crew" he!he! :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi UK Steve
Just quickly - we sell almost as many Big Bear step throughs to men now as to women (and no, they're not always old either!)
We chose the unisex blue-grey gunmetal colour especially to suit both.
Why don't you nip through the Dartford (mind you with traffic sometimes that's easier said than done) and have a try sometime?
Hatti

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I've not tried a Bear, but I do like the step through Dutch style seating position.

The one thing against it is you can't easily pedal out of the saddle because you are so laid back.

But you don't need to do that with an ebike, so Dutch style ebike like the Bear has a lot going for it.

uk_steve

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2007
Folkestone Kent
Sounds a good plan Hatti maybe when I come over when the crossbar versions land I try both frames out at the same time,at least I know what both bikes feel like in the flesh then ;) Regards Steve

D

Deleted member 4366

I've ridden both. There's no difference in power. The stepthrough version is much more comfortable. The forks on the crossbar version are a little on the soft side, so they bottom out on big bumps. There is a preload adjustment. Maybe that would help. I can tell you, though, that the stepthrough takes some beating if you don't mind that style of bike.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Steve, thanks for your very kind comments re your Wisper!

If you are thinking of replacing, the FreeGo Hawk could be an answer at £999, or if you need a 720Wh battery the FreeGo Martin may be of interest. Unfortunately the new Wispers will no longer have a throttle.

All the best and good luck on your search!

David

Zeffer

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2014
Another vote for the step through - mine stands out from my wife's since hers has a basket on the front! They are so comfortable and easier to mount and I think of them as European rather than Granny Smith!

I have had to be creative with the bike carrier when using the car (although you can buy a bar that goes from the stem to the saddle post) but I don't use that often anyway.