OH NO !!!! Wheel not turning !!!! Put under load !!! Help Yet Again!!!!!

D

Deleted member 4366

The LED in the controller should flash on and off continuously/ Check that you have 5v on between red and black throttle wires. Did you check the colours on the throttle and PAS too?

D

Deleted member 4366

Another thing: That controller can run sensorless, so pull the hall sensor plug in case there's a hall/phase mismatch. If it runs like that (maybe backwards), you only have to find the correct combination. Don't go past low throttle until you've got i working otherwise you can get another controller with blown FETs

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Got an output to motor, noticed i lost 5v when throttle connected. Had to swap two wires.

NOT GOOD, one direction i can hear motor spinning, other direction sounds like cogs slipping, wheel is not turning at all.

D

Deleted member 4366

How are you changing direction? Are you running sensored or sensorless. If sensored, you've got the wrong sequence.

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Done both, when its the wrong way it grinds/stops. I ws just swapping 2 phases.

When it's correct the motor is spinning freely and under control from throttle BUT no output to the wheel/hub.

D

Deleted member 4366

Try reversing a different pair of phase wires.I doubt that there's anything wrong with the motor. When you get a timing issue or a ohase connection problem, it can behave like its the gears slipping. Keep it sensorless.

Last edited by a moderator:

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
I reversed output phases again and it's spinning up ? The only thing i did do was tap the rear hun with a rubber mallet !!!!!

How do i know if the sensor is connected correct ? It is acting the same with sensor and sensorless

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm glad you've got it working. Now that I remember, I had the same with Saneagle's CST motor. With his, I knew the controller because it eas the same as mine. When it didn't spin, I spun the wheel by hand, and it sprang to life. I think the self-learning sequence in the controller must get confused or something. I'm pretty sure that as long as the hall connector is connected, they try and run in sensored mode, because, if you pull a pin on the connector, they don't work.