Old cyclamatic power problems

Itsashambles

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 20, 2018
oldham
I have an Old cyclamatic with throttle . It has 3 LEDs on the controller which are all lit up , no power, just ridden it without battery, red light flickering on controller. Any ideas xx

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I have a few ideas. they go like this. 1. I must be drunk. 2. I've had a stroke. 3. You must be drunk. It must be something like that because I find what you wrote completely unintelligible. I guess the others found the same, which is why you haven't had any sensible replies.

I know the Cyclamatic inside out and I'd love to help you.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I have an Old cyclamatic with throttle . It has 3 LEDs on the controller which are all lit up , no power, just ridden it without battery, red light flickering on controller. Any ideas xx
I think you are saying :-

1. You have a cyclamatic
2. The leds on the handbar panel are all lit up when the battery is connected
3. However you are getting no power at the wheel
4. And, if you remove the battery and cycle along, the same leds on the handlebar panel will flicker

Is that right ?

Itsashambles

Jan 20, 2018
oldham
I think you are saying :-

1. You have a cyclamatic
2. The leds on the handbar panel are all lit up when the battery is connected
3. However you are getting no power at the wheel
4. And, if you remove the battery and cycle along, the same leds on the handlebar panel will flicker

Is that right ?
Sorry been busy . Yes, that's my problem. I'm in no way capable of fixing it, but until I can get it repaired, I might as well start to understand the bike. Total beginner here in bike and electrical maintenance. But I can learn x

Itsashambles

Jan 20, 2018
oldham
I have a few ideas. they go like this. 1. I must be drunk. 2. I've had a stroke. 3. You must be drunk. It must be something like that because I find what you wrote completely unintelligible. I guess the others found the same, which is why you haven't had any sensible replies.

I know the Cyclamatic inside out and I'd love to help you.
Sorry , let's start again. No power to motor, but LEDs are lit. I went on the bike without a battery, and the LEDs at the throttle flickered. What would make this happen without the battery connected xx

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes, anything that makes the motor turn will make it generate a small amount of power. The motor has a freewheel, but there's enough friction to turn it slowly when you're travelling without power. Without a battery to absorb it, the voltage generated will light up the throttle LEDs.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hey it’s shambles

If you want learn more and diagnose yourself it is likely to not be that hard. We can help walk you through it

But you will need a multimeter before anything else happens . Less than a tenner and essential kit for any Ebiker

Itsashambles

Jan 20, 2018
oldham
Hey it’s shambles

If you want learn more and diagnose yourself it is likely to not be that hard. We can help walk you through it

But you will need a multimeter before anything else happens . Less than a tenner and essential kit for any Ebiker
I've got one somewhere, never used it like, was my ex's. . I'll dig it out.
Do you think it could just be the sensor? Can someone please tell me about the cut off from the brake. You would think there would be a manual online, alas no.
Cheers guys. I'm getting more manly by the day.