Old cyclist eager to learn the joys of pedelecs

Badger51

Just Joined
May 17, 2015
Have just acquired a Japanese Fracker Como mama cycle with a flat battery. I really like the style & some of the features of this bike & would love to get it up & working on a new battery. I don't have a charger for it either so will have to get one of those as well. It's a crank drive assist bike with a 26 volt 3.6 Ah Panasonic Li-ion battery that I have seen advertised on Japanese web sites. I'm looking for advice on what my options are re getting a new battery & charger, I'm confused with the advertised 26 volt rating as 24 volts seems to be the norm? can I replace with a new 24 volt battery & charger? I would prefer a 9 Ah instead of the rather small 3.6 which will entail re-siting the new battery which is not a problem to me. Any advice gratefully received.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The batteries are usually lithium ones now and they are all actually 26 volt for this bike, though still often called the historic 24 volts. The difference comes from the types of cells within them adding up to a slightly different total (25.9 volts) which doesn't affect their working.

Any 24/26 volt battery of any capacity will suit and about 9 Ah is easily available. For a low price you could buy direct from BMS Battery in China or from any e-bike company here having 24/26 volt bikes.

Badger51

Just Joined
May 17, 2015
The batteries are usually lithium ones now and they are all actually 26 volt for this bike, though still often called the historic 24 volts. The difference comes from the types of cells within them adding up to a slightly different total (25.9 volts) which doesn't affect their working.

Any 24/26 volt battery of any capacity will suit and about 9 Ah is easily available. For a low price you could buy direct from BMS Battery in China or from any e-bike company here having 24/26 volt bikes.
Thank you so much flecc! This is the answer I was hoping for. I look forward to some easier rides in the future!