On Radio4 You & Yours in a few minutes...

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
And we're talking electric bikes. The Peak district has them, the Lake District is getting them... but will tourists really get out of their cars to ride them?
Listen very soon on Radio 4.

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Paul Robeson now speaking

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
They never treat electric bikes as a form of transport in itself. Always how good it is for old, infirm great if there are steep hills where you are, in other words in relationship to traditional bicycles.

They did have the grace to say how English people can't take in new ideas but then did it themselves and completely missed the real value of the e-bike, that it is a practical form of transport for intermediate distances.

It is not necessary to compare it with bicycles or motor-cycles, it is an electric cycle, period.

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but it is surprising that they didn't consider them as transport in and of itself. I am seeing more ebikes than ever in and around Bournemouth and Poole - mind you, that said there are still only 5 or so that I have seen, not including mine!

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Thanks for the heads up!!! I love listening to You and Yours but don't manage it everyday, including today - so thanks!