One Rule for Us another for the Police?

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Nipping it in the bud is one thing, but putting the sheets up a 12 year old kid - well, that's something else. How are we meant to have any respect for idiots who do this kind of thing?
Schoolboy warned by police over picket plan at David Cameron's office | UK news | The Guardian
Totally OTT. doesn't show the authorities in a shining light at all , but taking Schoe's point about disinformation - wonder where the intelligence originated and who decided what action to take ?

50 Hertz

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
Nipping it in the bud is one thing, but putting the sheets up a 12 year old kid - well, that's something else. How are we meant to have any respect for idiots who do this kind of thing?
Schoolboy warned by police over picket plan at David Cameron's office | UK news | The Guardian
I don't really trust the press to report impartially. It all depends what is on their agenda at any particular point in time. Having said that, there are some massive bell ends in senior policing positions up and down the country and they are easily capable of the sort of stupidity highlighted above.

schoe

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2010
What a surprise another anti police story in the press!

Funny I haven't seen any praise for the meticulous investigation that resulted in a life sentence for the bloke who killed 6 of his children!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

schoe

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2010
Is it coincidence these stories about the Police coincide with several journalists being arrested for phone hacking, and the Government looking to privatise most of the Police I think not.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I don't really trust the press to report impartially. It all depends what is on their agenda at any particular point in time. Having said that, there are some massive bell ends in senior policing positions up and down the country and they are easily capable of the sort of stupidity highlighted above.
Oh, without doubt, and I've met some.
Just to remove any doubt on the matter - I'm not anti-police, far from it. I'm anti-knobhead in uniform - but unfortunately the actions of the few bullies and ******s reflect badly on the vast majority of honest, decent cops who are doing a hard enough job without the idiots.

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Is it coincidence these stories about the Police coincide with several journalists being arrested for phone hacking, and the Government looking to privatise most of the Police I think not.

Privatise most of the police ? please elaborate I must have missed this

schoe

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2010
They will cost less than a trained Officer but you get what you pay for. I can be ordered to stay on duty and am multi functional ie I can investigate or fight rioters if needed. You will lose that flexibility with civilians.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't want to get too political the easiest way is to direct you to this thread which will give you a flavour of the way things are heading its started already in most Forces including mine, in the not too distant future the majority of the Police will be made up of civilians probably employed by G4S.

G4S policing solutions - Page 2 - General Police Discussion - Police Oracle Forum - Page 2
For many decades, indeed ever since the appointment of traffic wardens and the expansions of their duties, I've suspected that there is a long term agenda to form a two-tier police service in this country, akin to that in many other countries. For example, the local police and National Guard in the USA, the local police and national Gendarmerie in France and the local police and national Carabinieri in Italy.

Our governments know that the public would never accept a direct application of this so might sneak it in by stages. Just look at the development over the decades. First traffic wardens took parking control duties from the police. Then those wardens had their duties expanded to include traffic control. Later park wardens in many areas were converted into Parks Police forces. Over the years there's been regular government pressure to expand the numbers of Special Constables (part time civilians). Then we had PCSOs added (Police Community Support Officers), followed by NEOs (Neighbourhood Enforcement Officers). Now many councils have Parking Control Officers, and Traffic Wardens are employed to carry out district checks for vehicles not displaying current "tax discs", another formerly police duty. In an increasing number of areas, councils are appointing anti-littering staff empowered to impose on the spot fines, penalties once only the province of the police.

Meanwhile the police have had their time increasingly taken up by current national government agendas like anti-terrorism measures and national paedophile type inquiries etc, a process which appeared to start in the 1980s with the wholesale national assault on the miners. In the latter, police were drafted from many forces all over the country, a practice which has been increasingly used over the years and which makes a mockery of their being local police forces.

Most recently we've had pressures from government for police forces to amalgamate into fewer forces, and in Scotland this has now been done with their eight forces now merged into one. One can see how easily this can eventually result in a national politically controlled upper police force with all the fringe policing elements I've identified above becoming the local police in each area. Now local supervision of police by police authorities has now been completely changed, replaced by elected Police and Crime Commissioners. This looks innocuous, but it turns the system into a political one in which politicians not only play an active part and are the most likely to do so, but can also be those commissioners. In London, the largest of all our police forces, control of the Metropolitan Police has long been political, originally by the Home Office but now by the London Mayor (another US model), either way with no immediacy of local public input.

Last edited:

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Plausible analysis Flecc. , hopefully incorrect insofar that an independent judiciary and police is what characterises a healthy society .

50 Hertz

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
Flecc, I think you are absolutely spot on with your summary of what has been and what still is taking place within the police.

Advertisers