Ongoing reliability of Kalkhoff/Focus Impulse 2 motors

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Careful! You are condemning a product on hearsay alone.

{removed by admin, qty of failures is unknown} why the warranty was changed so if you now have one fail and have it replaced the warranty starts again.

I think the motor has a design flaw and they know it yet still want to sell it like nothing is wrong.

how many do you want replaced b4 enough is enough 20?

{admin note, could you please stick to proven facts when you present something as a fact. thanks}

WOW SW gets the MODS in !!!!

You are just an out and out rebel !

• :D
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014
The K******** Agattu is £2,700, 20% of which is £540. That easily covers 2 lots of return shipping to the remote west coast of Scotland with money to spare. Or you could look at it as being £540 pure profit if you were confident in your product.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
The K******** Agattu is £2,700, 20% of which is £540. That easily covers 2 lots of return shipping to the remote west coast of Scotland with money to spare. Or you could look at it as being £540 pure profit if you were confident in your product.
Or an over priced product that was being sold on reputation of German engineering, which is fine until the reputation and second hand value go west.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
SW - the wording I changed was your reference to 'all' motors failing. I.e. asserting that 100% of every Impulse 2 motor sold - all failing - and presented as a fact, rather than your opinion, on the forum.

I was not disputing the number of cases on Pedelecs.

HelenJ, 13 minutes ago
then why lock that thread in the first place ? it makes no sense at all unless you have had emails from them like d8?

it makes no sense at all why you are even pm me about it, you dont bother about any other thread ?

• Useful
Reactions: IR772

Templogin

Pedelecer
May 15, 2014
Wow! You couldn't pay for this amount of publicity!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Wow! You couldn't pay for this amount of publicity!
Any publicity is good publicity.
Therefore, K impulse is karp is a good statement in publicity terms.:D

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
it makes no sense at all why you are even pm me about it, you dont bother about any other thread ?
SW - I actually don’t need to justify my actions, or divulge what business emails I do or don’t receive, I just need to make sure what stays on this forum is on the right side of the law. I PMd you out of courtesy to explain why I had edited your statement since I had to delete your potentially libellous words of ‘all’ and I thought you may not have remembered what you posted, particularly because you then wrote: “i can add up the proof is on this site alone“. And obviously, if there is potentially libellous wording removed, it’s better I repeat that on PM rather than restate it on the same public post! But since you have published that PM I presume you’ll publish this response too, so I may as well add it here, again out of courtesy.

It is potentially libellous to say as fact that ‘all motors fail’ from a certain manufacturer when overall failure statistics aren’t available to substantiate that. The numbers of cases on here do not total the overall numbers of motors sold.

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Scott can I please ask that discussions get back on to a sensible footing.

Artstu - I see no evidence of any irregularity to indicate this isn't Scott posting.

50cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Bali, Indonesia
Scott can I please ask that discussions get back on to a sensible footing.

Artstu - I see no evidence of any irregularity to indicate this isn't Scott posting.
Hi Helen

It is a very sensible footing that Soundwave gets to work and actually counts up how many motor failures have been noted on this forum. I calculate it to actually be 5 in total all of which were resolved promptly. The remainder of the postings being by the few individuals that are gaining a competitive advantage by trying to undermine the best selling electric bicycle motor system in the world the Impulse 2.0.

You as the administrator do not find it strange how the post is deliberately vaulted to the top by the same individuals.

Soundwave had noted a small software issue and is trying to create maximum damage to undermine the motor system with the twisted thinking that this will somehow help him sell more of the bikes he sells which do not have that motor system. It is very clear to see as people are not as stupid as Empty Vessel thinks.

He is not a Kalkhoff customer he is a seller of electric bicycles disguised as a man with a matching glove and sock combination who hides behind a helmet because he knows that we know that if he shown his face his posting would have no credibility at all.

10 bikes sold today Soundwave stop being a helmet and grow up and reveal yourself if you dare. We just need Scooby Doo to take your mask off.

Kindest regards

Scott

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hi Helen

It is a very sensible footing that Soundwave gets to work and actually counts up how many motor failures have been noted on this forum. I calculate it to actually be 5 in total all of which were resolved promptly. The remainder of the postings being by the few individuals that are gaining a competitive advantage by trying to undermine the best selling electric bicycle motor system in the world the Impulse 2.0.

You as the administrator do not find it strange how the post is deliberately vaulted to the top by the same individuals.

Soundwave had noted a small software issue and is trying to create maximum damage to undermine the motor system with the twisted thinking that this will somehow help him sell more of the bikes he sells which do not have that motor system. It is very clear to see as people are not as stupid as Empty Vessel thinks.

He is not a Kalkhoff customer he is a seller of electric bicycles disguised as a man with a matching glove and sock combination who hides behind a helmet because he knows that we know that if he shown his face his posting would have no credibility at all.

10 bikes sold today Soundwave stop being a helmet and grow up and reveal yourself if you dare. We just need Scooby Doo to take your mask off.

Kindest regards

Scott
Scott if you search through my postings you will not find any which are personal ly insulting to anyone.
Whether you wish to construe otherwise there is a perception, whether valid or otherwise, that a specific model provided by your company has a blemished reliability record. I appreciate that you would not want to publish commercially sensitive data, such as the total number of this model sold and the number of in warranty repairs, however a statement on the ratio of returns to sales might kill off the speculation. For the record I am as I have stated not linked in any way with this industry.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Username/Model/Age/Mileage
reggie_electric - Agattu - 6 months - 800km
nemesis - Focus Jarifa - 4 months - ???
Jean-christophe Saville - S11 Alfine - 14 months - 2800 miles
Lothlean - ??? - 10 months - ??
Will Tinker - Pro Connect 9 - 5 months - 500 miles
Oriteroom - Focus Aventura Impulse S10 - 10 months - 3000 miles (3rd motor)
Roger R - ??? - 6 months - 1000 miles
nightrider - Endeavour S10 - ?? - ??
bernharvey - Agattu - ?? - 400 miles
Reseg - Focus Aventura - 10 months - ?? (3rd Motor)
lowranger - Impulse 10 - ?? - 2300 miles
Biscitt - Agattu - ?? - 350 miles
Biscitt - Tasman - ?? - 100 miles
Tomtomato - Pro Connect 10 - 7 months 900 miles (2nd fault)

i can count and that is on page 1 and plenty more on the German site and i do not sell bikes.

and there are plenty more on the other thread that you had locked and if this goes the same way we will just start it again as you and your store are to be avoided as your impulse 2 motors are not fit for purpose.

if any of those bikes has that motor and they read this thread i recommend you get all of your money back other wise you will have to deal with this a hole for your customer service and endless motor replacements as why the warranty was changed.

50cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Bali, Indonesia
Scott if you search through my postings you will not find any which are personal ly insulting to anyone.
Whether you wish to construe otherwise there is a perception, whether valid or otherwise, that a specific model provided by your company has a blemished reliability record. I appreciate that you would not want to publish commercially sensitive data, such as the total number of this model sold and the number of in warranty repairs, however a statement on the ratio of returns to sales might kill off the speculation. For the record I am as I have stated not linked in any way with this industry.
Hi Danidl,

The perception has been created systematically by Soundwave and his colleagues. Yes there are 5 genuine cases.

Approximately 7000 Impulse 2.0 Bikes out on the UK roads.
Approximately 50 motors had software issues that were not updated in time.

The Errors occured on models from 2015 models and all have been rectified within the first couple of months of ownership. Sadly a couple of faulty motors were issued as replacement motors which compounded the perception of a serious fault from 3 customers before the error was picked up by Derby Cycles usually flawless product testing.

Our record in the big scheme of things is actually amazing and our reputation only tarnished on this forum by a few individuals with ulterior motives.

50cycles has managed to achieved 20000 bikes out on the UK road today. It is sad that a couple of selfish jealous individual wish to undermine this good work and hard effort.

Our team @ 50cycles.com is the best in the cycle industry for sure.

Kind regards

Scott

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artstu