Open comments and suggestions for an ebike

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
Hello all i have joined this forum because after reading numerous posts i thought you were al very supportive of each other and it was refreshing how much help was offered :)

Ok so, i am looking at joining the world of electric bikes. I will be honest and say its not because i have an overwhelming urge to get fit or a i want to reduce my carbon print and save the world its because i have a medical condition that is forcing me to reduce and inevitably give up driving.

I thought i was going to resign to public transport and around Stoke on Trent where i live its blumin awful. Put it this way, ive been using the bus for 8 days and i have already lodged a complaint lol i am a fussy bugger though.

When i discovered ebikes i immediately saw my independence coming back, then once i got over the price i thought how fantastic it would be to have one. I have spent hours reading reviews and waying up different options that suit my needs. Oh and a guy in my local cycle shop tried to talk me out of a ebike lol.

Specifically i am looking for
  • a bike that looks sporty/mountain bike type
  • Front suspension
  • a decent hub and electric setup (i would rather spend more on electrics as i can simply replace suspension forks, brakes etc)
  • Good quality LiFePo4 about 12ah
  • Under £1000
  • Throttle control as i want it to drive me places lol and then ill cycle uphills. Sorry if that makes some of you cringe but thats just how i want it
  • Love to have speed on my side

So as a result of all this i have found Juicy Bikes and went to test drive one today and met Bob in Buxton. A very nice guy, a great set up and very informative. I get the impression he really cares about the product.

After the test drive i was very impressed with the Sport version especially as it comes with a 36v 14ah LiFePo4 for just over £900. The frame ill be honest i was unsure about initially, but, it grew on me very quickly and by the end i liked it. It kind of reminde me of the Ariel atom lol.

The only critism which i discussed with Bob was the disk brakes wernt great and adjustable shock would be nice. The motor was responsive and i climbed a steep hill several times with no issues. I would love it if the bike did 30mph but then it wouldnt be in line with the law so not really an option.

I just wanted to ask if i was missing any other options out there that are as competitive as this bike? Remember back up service is important and after meeting Bob i have total confidence in this.

Suggestions welcome.....

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
go with Bob!

D

Deleted member 4366

The brakes can be adjusted, or fit new better pads, or new calipers, or bigger front disk. None are very expensive to do. Therefore, that bike seems a very logical solution.

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
wow im impressed a unanimous verdict lol. I was impressed with his attitude, price well everything really so i think ill be going ahead with it i cant wait lol. There maybe a few parts ill want to alter/change mainly in braking area but ill run it in first before i do to assess my needs