Ortler Speeder or Woosh Faro?

eamonalnawal

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2021
Hi everyone, been reading the forum for a while but just registered. Planning on buying my first ebike in a month or so as I'm moving so will have a short commute. I'm 5'9" and 14 stone and I'll probably want to carry a bit of shopping in panniers from time to time.

I live in Brighton so there are a few hills but I'm pretty set on an internal battery, I like the look and like that it's not instantly recognisable as an ebike. My commute is short so don't mind charging up overnight.

I've read so many good things about the Woosh Faro, but I'd maybe swap tyres for marathon and maybe get a riser bar for more relaxed position. The other bike I've seen already has those changes but can't find a review of it anywhere! - https://m.bikester.co.uk/ortler-speeder-black-1124690.html

I wondered if anyone here had any experience or any input based on specs, they seem fairly similar to me but with different brand motors and batteries.

I'm pretty new to this so any help is much appreciated!

Reactions: PhilMK42

PhilMK42

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 15, 2020
Bedford
I’ve not long ordered one, they seem incredible value when you compare it with similar specked ebikes. Bafang is a massive Chinese company, their hub motors seem to be very reliable and well tested. But …… This bike comes with no bar control unlike the ebikemotion system, simply an on / off button on the top tube. I believe that puts you into the first level of assistance, for other levels or the lights you’ll need the Bafang Go app on android or Apple.

Now it’s a question I’ll have to ask myself soon, as in can I replace the app functionality with a handlebar mounted control, I don’t fancy having to carry my phone everywhere just to activate functions on an ebike.

PhilMK42

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 15, 2020
Bedford
One other thing, if you’re ordering from Bikester, make sure you’re certain, and ordering the right size, because once ordered they’ll ignore any cancellation requests. You end up having to wait the usual 2 weeks, then go through the whole returns process and at least another 2 weeks waiting for a refund. Use a credit card or PayPal for protection. That said, I use them a lot and they’re reliable. They’re German based despite the misleading .co.uk address