Oxydrive battery replacement

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Oxygen kits with that battery type are DASKIT ones from Germany.
I still have my pair of empty cases, when I get around to it I'm going to fit the best 18650 cells money can buy in to them as 12s/44v batts.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Andrew has ceased trading on the kit front.

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
The Oxygen kits with that battery type are DASKIT ones from Germany.
I still have my pair of empty cases, when I get around to it I'm going to fit the best 18650 cells money can buy in to them as 12s/44v batts.
Hi Neal,
Would it be possible to use a different 36v battery, If I soldered the connectors into a new rail? Have built a few BBSHDs , changed them for PEEK gears etc but electrics are not my thing.

Many thanks,

G

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Hi Neal,
Would it be possible to use a different 36v battery, If I soldered the connectors into a new rail? Have built a few BBSHDs , changed them for PEEK gears etc but electrics are not my thing.

Many thanks,

G
I considered this but I believe the battery case/rail have the controller installed in them so you would have to fit a different battery and then a controller downstream.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any generic battery will work, though if you have to use another controller brand then you will need a new display for compatibility. The controller used in the Oxydrive DASkit is a Lishui.

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Any generic battery will work, though if you have to use another controller brand then you will need a new display for compatibility. The controller used in the Oxydrive DASkit is a Lishui.
Hi Neal,

Sorry, but is the controller in the display or the battery?

Cheers,

G

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oxydrive kit uses a Lishui model integrated in the battery base, if you change the controller brand to another then a new compatible display will be needed as well.