OXYDrive kit

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
This looks like a decent bit of kit. I'm quite tempted to fit one of these to my Giant Cypress hybrid bike. At £799 I want to make sure that it's the right kit for me, so was wondering whether there is anyone here on the forum who lives in or around the North Essex / Suffolk / Cambridge area who owns one of these and who wouldn't mind me popping over to check it out & take it for a spin? A pint of beer or equivalent to anyone who can oblige........

C

Cyclezee

Hi Rustic,

If you care to venture a bit further, Milton Keynes, you could try an eZee conversion.

If you decided to buy, you would have a few £'s left over to cover fuel and a couple of pints.

Mind you, with the price of beer these days, it might just mean one pint:(

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I really like the look of the OXYDrive kit & have generally heard positive things about it, so I am going to explore this option first I think. Besides, I have expensive taste in beer, so any saving may disappear fast on my first venture out.

Am I right in thinking that the OXYDrive kit has an off road function & comes with a thumb throttle as standard? I think given the lack of pre built bike in larger frame sizes, this might be my best option at the current time. Other suggestions are welcome though of course.

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
I guess these kits are still relatively new to the market, so there may not be many local owners of these. Do any of the technically minded amongst us have any opinions on this piece of kit? Any advice / opinions would be welcome before I take the plunge......

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
Hi Rustic,

Yes OXYDrive is a new product from our stable. The first edition has gone out very quickly and I believe there are one or two members that have our kit. The response we had was great and unfortunately we are now out of stock for the kit :-( ... but there are positive things about the battery as we will be upgrading the new edition to the latest Samsung cells. Been testing them over and certainly can feel more power for longer, probably the best cells I have ever came across. Next stock due in approx 8 weeks

all the best

Andrew

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
you need to try a bike before making your mind up, my wisper DaaHub can be tried in London. Still over the moon with it, and its coming up to its first birthday. Fitted to a decent lightweight bike about as good as e biking gets, battery where it should be and powerful dapush motor...Plus Wisper back up

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
you need to try a bike before making your mind up, my wisper DaaHub can be tried in London. Still over the moon with it, and its coming up to its first birthday. Fitted to a decent lightweight bike about as good as e biking gets, battery where it should be and powerful dapush motor...Plus Wisper back up
You make a convincing case Eddie, but I'm still fancying the oxydrive kit TBH. Would love to hear from anyone on here who has some first hand experience of owning the kit, local or otherwise....

C

Cyclezee

Hi again Rustic,

To repeat what Eddie wrote, trying before you buy is the best advice.

Opinions of other people can be helpful, but there is no substitute to riding a bike yourself.

Having said that here are some comments from eZee customers Testimonials - Cyclezee Ltd

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Would love to hear from anyone on here who has some first hand experience of owning the kit, local or otherwise....
We have an Oxydrive kit fitted to a Univega mountain bike in our Richmond shop, so you could try it for yourself.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
There you go, I'm about 40 minutes from Richmond.....You could test ride an Ezee, Daahub and Oxydrive all in the one day:p

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Uxbridge too far for you? Have an Oxydrive fitted to a Cube Hooper pro Alfine 11 speed.

Impressed so far, but I would fit it yourself. I didn't and have ended up starting from scratch and rebuilding the wheel. Done now and was going to post a review of sorts shortly.

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the reply. I'm a QPR fan, we sing a song about the Uxbridge Road, so it's certainly not too far! I get over that way every so often.

As for the Oxydrive kit, apparently these kits are not available for a couple of months or so I'm gonna have to put the idea on hold for a bit & see where things are at towards the end of June. If the offer is still open at such time I may well take you up on it.

Thanks, Rus

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
I actually have one up and running on the bicycle mentioned. Had to redo everything 50cycles did to fix it and tidy up the cabling, but first impressions are excellent.

There is one or two minor design faults in my opinion which I have fed back, one of them was already in the process of being fixed on the next batch, maybe this is why the appear 'unavailable'. I will post a proper review shortly.