Oxydrive

geezee74

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2011
Hi, I have an oxydrive kit which has had little use but the battery has failed after 20miles and the battery housing has been broken (dropped a chop saw on it). I was wondering that since the company has gone bust could I put a new battery and housing on it.

I know very little about wiring but I did manage to fit the original kit (was pretty straightforward and needed no soldering) I think the motor is 250w.

Cheers, Zack

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
H7 engineering were the parent company behind Oxydrive kits, CNC was the primary business model they didn't go bust. They simply stopped selling the kits and moved into a different market of non powered pedicabs/rickshaws.

Battery wise you can use can use any 36v battery but the controller needs to be Lishui brand to utilise the LCD. If the controller base is fine and undamaged remotely locate it and run a pair of battery wires to the controller via the new battery base/rail mount.

geezee74

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2011
Hi, thank you for the input. The battery base is broken but could probably be glued. I am not sure if it is best to write it off and start again but that seems to be a costly path.

D8veh had a battery but he seems to have disappeared from the site.