Oxygen E-Mate Drive Train Failure

JohnD135

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2020
I fixed the broken brake sensor cable. This had no effect on my problem because the reed switch is normally open unless the brake lever is operated, therefore the wire falling off would have no effect. Looking at the S-KU65 wireing diagram, there seems to be only one connector for the Brake Wire. Should I wire the LH and RH sensors in parallel or just dispense with them? The throttle cable is 5 wire on the old controller and 3 on the new one. But I have a switch next to the throttle which uses YL and GRN with no connection to the other pins of RD WHT and BLK. There is 1.7 k ohms between RD and BLK. All suggestions gratefully received.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
As you figured out, red, white and black are the throttle wires that you connect to your new controller. You don't need the other two. You could use the switch for lights or anything else you want.

You can wire your brake switches in parallel and connect them to the low brake connector.

Last edited:

JohnD135

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2020
Another thing please. The pedal assist on the S-KU65 is a female 3 pin BRN YL BLK. My old controller is female RD YL BLK. Can I assume RD is BRN?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Another thing please. The pedal assist on the S-KU65 is a female 3 pin BRN YL BLK. My old controller is female RD YL BLK. Can I assume RD is BRN?
Yes, cut the connectors off and solder the wires together. Connectors are not needed.

JohnD135

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2020
I am confused. I have two sets of connections on the controller to sort out, with your help. The pedal assist and the throttle cable.
The pedal assist was red black yellow female on the controller and the new controller is now brown yellow black female. Same connector so no changes necessary would you say? Or do I have to change the wires around?
The Throttle cable is five pin female, and as we discussed, two of the pins go to a switch and are no longer necessary. The remaining three are red green black. The throttle wire on the new controller is red black green. Do I have to change the wires around please?
Sorry to be using so much of your time. If I had a circuit diagram I could sort it out for myself. But such detail does not come from China.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The wires need to match from one side of the connection to the other.

Are you sure that the throttle signal wire is green on your 5-wire connector? I would have guessed the white one. You can test by connecting just the red and black, then measure to see which of the others has 1.2v on it that increases to 3.8v when you operate the throttle.

JohnD135

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2020
On the throttle connector, the bike harness is red white black, the controller red green black.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For PAS one has to change wire sequence Red to Brown, Black to Black & Yellow to Yellow. Yellow or Black is used for Gnd but when both are used Yellow is the sig.

Again with throttle Red/ 5v needs to go to Red 5v, Black/Gnd to Black and the other two sig.

JohnD135

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2020
Thank you so much. It is all working again now. Would it be useful for me to list all the connections that I made, perhaps in a spread sheet?

Advertisers