Oxygen S Cross bikes

Maleyale

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 15, 2020
Hi there my son is thinking of getting an Oxygen S Cross MTB. I was wondering if anyone has own or does own one. More to the point what do you think of the bikes. Any comments good or bad would be helpful. TIA.

Gliggsy

Pedelecer
May 15, 2020
Had mine about 3 weeks and so far I'm well impressed, feels sturdy and well built, I have the largest battery option, normally ride in power level 2 with the odd bit of 3 when required ( 6 levels available) did 30 miles yesterday on flat ex railway track and didn't use one bar of 5 from the battery even though I had to switch to 3 for a headwind. Plenty of power on hills, I can't imagine what spending 2 to 3 times the price of this bike could possibly get you, couple of things I don't like.... the long, straight handlebars which I've already swapped for a riser and shortened to a more comfortable 600mm, the fact that the key merely removes the battery and does not act as ignition switch, there's no hand throttle which is handy for awkward starts, the saddle isn't the best but then again it could be worse, all in all very pleased with my purchase, if there's any relevance I'm a 66 yrs guy and not very fit, recovering heart attack so very pleased to be doing 30 mls

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Had mine about 3 weeks and so far I'm well impressed, feels sturdy and well built, I have the largest battery option, normally ride in power level 2 with the odd bit of 3 when required ( 6 levels available) did 30 miles yesterday on flat ex railway track and didn't use one bar of 5 from the battery even though I had to switch to 3 for a headwind. Plenty of power on hills, I can't imagine what spending 2 to 3 times the price of this bike could possibly get you, couple of things I don't like.... the long, straight handlebars which I've already swapped for a riser and shortened to a more comfortable 600mm, the fact that the key merely removes the battery and does not act as ignition switch, there's no hand throttle which is handy for awkward starts, the saddle isn't the best but then again it could be worse, all in all very pleased with my purchase, if there's any relevance I'm a 66 yrs guy and not very fit, recovering heart attack so very pleased to be doing 30 mls
It seems to be about half the price, or less, than many mid motor bikes, with their inherent problems.
I feel that you made a great deal, and you can always chop and change the small stuff till it fits you, with the huge amount of money you saved!!!
best wishes
Andy

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Hi there my son is thinking of getting an Oxygen S Cross MTB. I was wondering if anyone has own or does own one. More to the point what do you think of the bikes. Any comments good or bad would be helpful. TIA.
There are quite a few owners on the forum. They all seem happy enough, I don’t recall many negative comments.

Maleyale

May 15, 2020
There are quite a few owners on the forum. They all seem happy enough, I don’t recall many negative comments.
Thanks Jonah. I do wish they would post their views. I think from the post so far I think Andy ( my son ) will do just fine with one.

Reactions: Hovlev2

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and very impressed with the quality and feel of the bike. My only gripe was that you can't use a throttle with the existing setup, but with a lot of help from members of this forum, I 'bit the bullet' and changed the controller and display to allow the use of a throttle, plus the ability to derestrict the bike, so I can go up to about 21/22 mph if I want. I also put on a more comfy saddle! The place I bought mine was also offering a 10% discount on everything, so I got a good deal! Riding it is really effortless if you want, but again, you can adjust the level of assistance.

timmeltdown

Just Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Hi I've had my oxygen MTB mark 3 for 3 weeks, it's great, I've done around 200 miles on it so far. I've not changed the controller/throttle as of yet but I've followed the excellent thread from Hovlev2 with interest but it's too complicated a process for my puny mind, mine is going back to the repair shop tomorrow to investigate a fault code (error code 32) I'm not sure what it means but it's under warranty so hopefully it won't be a problem. It's comfortable, quick and looks superb, I don't think you will go wrong especially for the price.

Maleyale

May 15, 2020
Thanks for the info. I live in West Yorkshire. Could you guys tell me where you got yours from please.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks for the info. I live in West Yorkshire. Could you guys tell me where you got yours from please.
I bought mine from; allaboutshopping.co.uk, and used discount code NEW10 for 10% discount (hopefully still current?) I paid £1485 for an S-Cross MTBIII with a 16ah battery. Delivery was within a few days. They were very helpful when I phoned for a progress check

Maleyale

May 15, 2020
I bought mine from; allaboutshopping.co.uk, and used discount code NEW10 for 10% discount (hopefully still current?) I paid £1485 for an S-Cross MTBIII with a 16ah battery. Delivery was within a few days. They were very helpful when I phoned for a progress check
Thanks Hovlev2. That's great will give it a try.

Gliggsy

Pedelecer
May 15, 2020
Hi I've had my oxygen MTB mark 3 for 3 weeks, it's great, I've done around 200 miles on it so far. I've not changed the controller/throttle as of yet but I've followed the excellent thread from Hovlev2 with interest but it's too complicated a process for my puny mind, mine is going back to the repair shop tomorrow to investigate a fault code (error code 32) I'm not sure what it means but it's under warranty so hopefully it won't be a problem. It's comfortable, quick and looks superb, I don't think you will go wrong especially for the price.
I also had a code 32 fault appear and read somewhere that if you hold any of the brake levers whilst switching on then this is the cause, never had it since

timmeltdown

Just Joined
Aug 1, 2020
I also had a code 32 fault appear and read somewhere that if you hold any of the brake levers whilst switching on then this is the cause, never had it since
Hi thanks for that, I rang oxygen when it started happening, they said that it was a faulty connection somewhere and that by turning it off and on again it should clear it, however it went from a fault that would come on at the end of a ride to one that pretty much now stays on the whole time??

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
I've had my Mk 2 since Jan 2018 and as with any bike it's been altered to suite my style and a**e, particularly for more comfort after being used to a full suspension Giant bike. It's been a godsend for me being able to get out and about with COPD.
Overall the bike's well worth the money and you can be sure of 'local' support as Oxygen are in Rotherham.
The only components I've changed because of wear/tear are the front forks, from going over some quite rough terrain regularly, I changed them for a set of Rock Shox air version and it's been great since, and a new chain after the original broke.
Check my postings for piccies and details.
From recent postings about the new model you can't fit a throttle as the switch/controller setup has changed which would be a no-go for me now, but as Hovlev2 has mentioned a few changes can be made to alter that.
Contact Oxygen bikes to see if you have a test ride.
Good luck.