Oxygen S-Cross CB -broken battery mount.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Opinions please, araldite?!

Back story:
I got home last night, used the key to unlock the battery, tugged on battery, it wouldn't budge.
Looked closes at the battery & mount as I turned the key, I could see the locking pin disengage from the receiver on the battery -i.e. the lock could be fully opened and was not hindering removal of the battery.

So I tried again, and the battery mount came away with the battery. Oops.

Looking at the battery terminals and the corresponding socket on the frame, the plastic around the terminals appears to have been close to melting point, there is also some mess on the battery terminals (look closely at left pin in the photo). On removal the terminals were rather warm. I'm guessing something has caused the battery to heat up more than normal and the plastic parts stuck together.

The only think I did differently last night was that I took a slightly shorter route home (on busier roads) with some less aggressive hill climbs.

Attachments

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Thinking about it, and having closer look at the pictures, could be the mount was not screwed down properly when transferred to the new frame. No screw popped out on removal, could just have been binding from movement of the battery mount. -That seems more straightforward, and as there is a nice big screw hole on the broken part and a corresponding hold on the frame I should be able to screw it back down tightly this time and see if that cures the problem.

Sorry- thinking out loud.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
JB Cold Weld rather than Araldite IMO - will be colour-coded too:cool:

Bummer though :( Have you had a rummage on the interwebnet for spare parts?

Gaz

Reactions: DBye

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Reention make the battery, I think its this one:
http://reention.com/product/detail/47

I could contact them and see if they would send a replacement. Or I could contact Oxygen, but I'm just a bit fed up of arguing every point with them. I don't want the bike taken away (again), I just want to get it fixed and ride on. At the moment I can fit the parts together and lock holds it all in place, so it is ride-able.

I'll check out the JB cold weld - thanks.