Oxygen s-cross mk2 4 digit code

Jips1971

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 7, 2016
Neath
I have the MK II s-cross cb, and my display if different again.
Mine cannot fit a throttle or have its speed changed either.
You say the controller and display needs to be changed. Is it difficult, and do you have any recommendations

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
I have the MK II s-cross cb, and my display if different again.
Mine cannot fit a throttle or have its speed changed either.
You say the controller and display needs to be changed. Is it difficult, and do you have any recommendations
Hi- it's not particularly difficult (a bit fiddly perhaps), but if you're ok with wiring the controller up, (which will involve either soldering, or using connectors), then it's not difficult. Probably the most challenging bit was getting the new controller and the wiring back into the cavity in the frame, as space is limited, but it will fit! I also fitted a different PAS sensor, as it was easier than trying to fathom out the wiring on the existing Oxygen one! I bought a more expensive (colour) display too, which wasn't really necessary, so a cheaper one would work just as well. So the parts needed were a controller, a display, a PAS sensor, and a twist grip throttle (I tried a thumb one, but there's limited space for it, so changed it to the twist grip.
The whole lot cost about £100, and came from TopBikeKit (based in Hong Kong), who were very helpful + knowledgeable, and my order arrived in less than a week. If you need any more info, just let me know, cheers, Mick
ps The speed is now easy to change, and my bike is now quite happy doing around 20/21 mph (even without pedalling), which I think is fast enough for a bike!

Jips1971

Jan 7, 2016
Neath
Great, thanks.
I am not too bad with soldering so should be OK If necessary.
Ill have a route around later to see if I can figure out where the controller is and how big etc.

I may practice on my wife’s bike, as I think her controller has broken as hers cuts out under load. Rather mess up a broken bike before tackling a new one.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Great, thanks.
I am not too bad with soldering so should be OK If necessary.
Ill have a route around later to see if I can figure out where the controller is and how big etc.

I may practice on my wife’s bike, as I think her controller has broken as hers cuts out under load. Rather mess up a broken bike before tackling a new one.
I'm not sure where they put the new controller, but I think it's in the bottom of the downtube. The old one was in the top between the battery and the steering head tube. You acess the space by removing the top battery fixing plate. From there, you can thread wires out the hole in the front of the tube or down the channel in the frame behind the battery, which exits at the bottom bracket.

The 6 FET KT controller should fit in there, as it's the same size as the old oxygen one.

Reactions: Hovlev2

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
I'm not sure where they put the new controller, but I think it's in the bottom of the downtube. The old one was in the top between the battery and the steering head tube. You acess the space by removing the top battery fixing plate. From there, you can thread wires out the hole in the front of the tube or down the channel in the frame behind the battery, which exits at the bottom bracket.

The 6 FET KT controller should fit in there, as it's the same size as the old oxygen one.
Mine (S Cross MTB MkIII) is at the top of the battery, but not sure if the CB is the same? I used the (KT) T-06S controller, with a KT LCD8S display.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Great, thanks for the replies. I can see my credit card taking a small hit soon
It's around £70 - £80 for a KT sine wave controller with LCD3, throttle and PAS.

I don't recommend fitting a full width throttle because they break too easily, you can't pedal as hard because your hand isn't planted and your bike will take of when you push it around switched on. A half-width throttle is much better, and a thumb throttle is better still. There are many different types of thumb throttle. I've always managed to find one that fits.

Rykco

Sep 29, 2020
Bristol
I collected my Oxygen S-Cross MTB on Saturday and so far love it.

Turns out the latest ones are still mk2 but with an updated controller and smaller lcd which after enquiring with Oxygen cannot be derestricted even if going the legal route and regestering the bike and taxing and insuring.

Lets call it the mk2.5.

I'm wandering if the controller on Oxygen's own website and the old LCD would allow me to downgrade from the mk2.5 to a mk2 and allow for derestriction?

I'm guessing this would also allow for installation of the throttle.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I collected my Oxygen S-Cross MTB on Saturday and so far love it.

Turns out the latest ones are still mk2 but with an updated controller and smaller lcd which after enquiring with Oxygen cannot be derestricted even if going the legal route and regestering the bike and taxing and insuring.

Lets call it the mk2.5.

I'm wandering if the controller on Oxygen's own website and the old LCD would allow me to downgrade from the mk2.5 to a mk2 and allow for derestriction.

I'm guessing this would also allow for installation of the throttle.
Why have you duplicated your question from the other thread? That's bad etiquette, especially as dialogue started in reply before you posted this. It gives the impression that you're not interested in the answers.

Rykco

Sep 29, 2020
Bristol
Why have you duplicated your question from the other thread? That's bad etiquette, especially as dialogue started in reply before you posted this before you posted this. It gives the impression that you're not interested in the answers.
I am more than interested in the answers. I was just spreading the question to a wider audience seeing as both threads were in relation to the same topic. Granted I could have spent more time rewriting it for this thread but I am asking the same question regardless.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I am more than interested in the answers. I was just spreading the question to a wider audience seeing as both threads were in relation to the same topic. Granted I could have spent more time rewriting it for this thread but I am asking the same question regardless.
Lets hope you get some answers from other people then. I'm out now as you don't seem to value my answers.

Reactions: Rykco

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
It just makes it twice as tedious for anyone to research this subject in the future.

Pick a thread and stick to it

Fomass90

Aug 19, 2020
Hi, did anyone ever get to the bottom of the 4 digit code? I have the same model and found that SC menu today and now I really want to know what happens after you put the correct pin in. SC I thought was speed controller or maybe thats just wishful thinking. Anyone find out what the code was?

Cronley

Sep 5, 2020
Hi there fomas, still nothing but I'm sure the setup can be change with the right code, I thought SC was for S-Cross but you could be right, the closest thing to this menu I could find was a bike called RIDE1UP looks like the oxygen but hit a dead wall because of the code.

Fomass90

Aug 19, 2020
Cronley thats a shame, really bugging me haha, when I have time I might sit there and go through all the combinations, should only take a few hours to get to 9999. I've just had 2 weeks annual leave and go back to work tomorrow had I found it earlier I would have done it.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Cronley thats a shame, really bugging me haha, when I have time I might sit there and go through all the combinations, should only take a few hours to get to 9999. I've just had 2 weeks annual leave and go back to work tomorrow had I found it earlier I would have done it.
You should get together and so 1000 codes each. Try 2020.

Fomass90

Aug 19, 2020
You should get together and so 1000 codes each. Try 2020.
Not a bad idea if anyone is willing, I have tried most the basic codes with no luck so far the other problem is I don't know if it auto unlocks once the code is correct or if you need to hold a combo of bottoms to confirm each code

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Not a bad idea if anyone is willing, I have tried most the basic codes with no luck so far the other problem is I don't know if it auto unlocks once the code is correct or if you need to hold a combo of bottoms to confirm each code
and 2019 since that's when the bikes and LCDs would have been made.

Fomass90

Aug 19, 2020
Hi all, this is what I've found on the lcd after pressing + and - it goes to the Un menu, I then press the + and - to take me to the 4digit code that says S-C after that I press power button which takes back to the menu with Un on I press the - button and go to wheel size which it says 27.5 ,i then press power which takes me to another menu that says L5 1 and shows L5 2 . I have attached pics each one is after the other if anyone can share some light fantastic it not no problem thanks for your time.
The 4 digit code is 1212 but only takes you into the menu shown the in the last 2 pics here