Oxygen S Cross MK2 Display Compatibility

iftimoaia.mihai

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 4, 2023
Hello all,would you be able to help with an advice for a compatible display for this bike,not sure what is the controller type, and the screen is water damaged and i would like to buy something to replace it. Thank you in advance. I attach a picture of the code,hopefully i’ll find out what protocol uses.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oxygen use Lishui rstuff so the firmware may differ, this is the issue with Lishui stuff one can't guarantee it will work. Also Bigstone don't simply just use Lishui firmware they are programmable to other makes of controller.

At least those of us who use KT know that 99% of the time a KT from a third party online seller without any customware will know it will work.

iftimoaia.mihai

Jan 4, 2023
Thank you so much, i think is better to choose for a new controller and display. Any recommendations? Thanks alot

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thank you so much, i think is better to choose for a new controller and display. Any recommendations? Thanks alot
When you get a new controller, it's a little trickky to thread the wires through. . You need something to pull them up through the channel. You can use anything you want, but these are pretty good:

Reactions: iftimoaia.mihai

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
When you get a new controller, it's a little trickky to thread the wires through. . You need something to pull them up through the channel. You can use anything you want, but these are pretty good:
or tie a cord to one end of the wires you pull out to pull the new wires in with, use a long enough length so you can tie the ends together as a loop and cable tie new wires to it as needed, only cutting and removing when done. the loop also ensures it stays in place, without it you will stand on one end move the bike and pull it out..

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
or tie a cord to one end of the wires you pull out to pull the new wires in with, use a long enough length so you can tie the ends together as a loop and cable tie new wires to it as needed, only cutting and removing when done. the loop also ensures it stays in place, without it you will stand on one end move the bike and pull it out..
Yes, that works if you plan it properly, but you might have different numbers of wires to pule through, so you need to figure it all out first. The one I used was what are car garage uses - very thin fibreglass with a noose on the end, which worked very well. You could make your own if you're creative enough.

Also, the sequence of pulling through was important. IIRC, you had to do the thickest ones forst, which would be logical. The ones I did had the controller at the top of the battery, so there were motor cablr, pedal sensor , break and gera cables in the channel. I'm not sure how it works with the later ones that have the controller at the bottom near the BB.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
The 'trick is to feed new wires in 1 at a time, the biggest plugs first as plugs present the biggest problem, then use tape to form a conical shape over the plug and around the feed cord to help guide, gaffer tape is the best but a pita to remove.. and ensure the knot in the loop is always far back in no danger of being pulled into the tube too. 1 x 1 all wires and cables can be fed through in either direction easily .. Im surethe tool above works a treat when you need to thread a new wire into a frame, but if you have to pull something out first dont miss a golden opportunity either.

Last edited:

iftimoaia.mihai

Jan 4, 2023
Hello all just coming back after replacing the controller and the display and unfortunately i am facing another issue,the display is not showing the battery meter/distance or speed,the voltage reading works,as you can see in the attached picture,the motors works well also,for every level(1 to 5),it just missing all the values.any suggestions for settings or what should i check? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hello all just coming back after replacing the controller and the display and unfortunately i am facing another issue,the display is not showing the battery meter/distance or speed,the voltage reading works,as you can see in the attached picture,the motors works well also,for every level(1 to 5),it just missing all the values.any suggestions for settings or what should i check? Thanks in advance.
Which ones did you get?

If they came as a pair, you might have the voltage set for a 48v battery and the incorrect setting for the speed sensor, or the speed sensor isn't connected correctly.

iftimoaia.mihai

Jan 4, 2023
The controller is Kt36/48zwsrd and the display is kt-lcd9r,i suspected the same thing but apparently the voltage should read automatically,without any setting on my side. I allready tried to change the seetings gor P5 without any luck,and if there would be a PAS sensor issue(with connection) I believe it shouldn’t affect the battery indicator,or the readings?

Last edited:

iftimoaia.mihai

Jan 4, 2023
It am using a 1t4 cable that was already used on the bike previously,is there any chance that there would a incompatibility between the cable and the controller? Thanks alot.

esuark

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
apparently the voltage should read automatically
My 36/48v KT controller with 48v battery does. A couple of times when it`s cut out due to low battery and using dab of throttle it has come back on displaying full as if it was a 36v battery. I`m now careful with throttle use when low.

iftimoaia.mihai

Jan 4, 2023
There is no way for me to make it showing the bars and the speed,i tried so many different settings. It shows that is empy and no speed meter/distance recordings.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
It could well be a compatabilty problem with your 1t4 cable.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
1t4 wire sequence is likely the culprit, one of the
RX/TX lines may not be in sequence , respectively the data receive and transmit lines.

Last edited:

iftimoaia.mihai

Jan 4, 2023
I was thinking on this,my previous controller was lishui,but they used the same connecting cable(1t4) I’m thinking that this are universal.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Double check you didnt bend any pins with a bad connection, or fail to push closed completely ?? - straw clutching i know...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
KT and Lishui are not compatible , it is highly likely the wire sequence differs even though the same pin number count is used.
Bar the nine pin motor julet , there is no standard otherwise in wire sequence.

Also it is possible the Lishui 1t4 is damaged ?