Oxygen S-Cross MTB MkII (S021 model)

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Hi, I'm new to e-bikes, but have ordered one of the above bikes. I ordered a throttle for it, but have been informed by Oxygen that it won't fit the latest model (which I assume this is, but it hasn't actually been delivered yet), and that the latest model won't work with any throttle, neither can it apparently be de-restricted.
I find it hard to believe that there isn't a throttle available somewhere (I'm not overly bothered about de-restricting, but would like a throttle)
Does anyone have any ideas or advice?
Thanks in advance
Mick

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is likely that the new Oxygens are complying with the letter of the law regarding throttles as they need to type certificated. The controllers if not programmed will certainly not be able to use a throttle.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There's a new regime at Oxygen now. John Camm, the previous owner sold the business a couple of years ago. He carried on for a bit as ome sort of adviser, but he then got a brain tumour, which he died from very recently. Dale left and went with his wife to Northern Ireland. The last guy I saw in charge was a nice bloke, but didn't seem to have a handle on the ebike industry - more of an accountant than an engineer or salesman. Andrew Lozinski, the guy that started it, sold out to JC and continued in a technical role for a couple of years, but he's well out of it now running his CNC business in Poland.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks for the info- I spoke (very briefly) to someone there this morning. He didn't seem particularly helpful, basically just said that you couldn't fit a throttle on the latest version,so not totally convinced..... I just can't believe there's no way around it.

Incidentally, if anyone's looking for an Oxygen bike, I got 10% off mine, and it was actually in stock at https://www.allaboutshopping.co.uk/collections/electric-bikes

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks for the info- I spoke (very briefly) to someone there this morning. He didn't seem particularly helpful, basically just said that you couldn't fit a throttle on the latest version,so not totally convinced..... I just can't believe there's no way around it.

Incidentally, if anyone's looking for an Oxygen bike, I got 10% off mine, and it was actually in stock at https://www.allaboutshopping.co.uk/collections/electric-bikes
Do you have the capped off connector for the throttle in the harness that's clipped in front of the steering head?

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Do you have the capped off connector for the throttle in the harness that's clipped in front of the steering head?
I don't know yet, as it's not being delivered until Weds this week. I'm hoping it has, but no idea as yet

Reactions: Gliggsy