Panasonic motor

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
Yes James, it was a straight swap. The motor has three connector plugs, one of which I think is for the walk along throttle, the other two plug straight into the bike loom and all wire colours match up perfectly. I was slightly worried about the handlebar controller, but it to works perfectly with the new motor.

On standard power, my battery is on the limit for the 20 mile round trip commute.I haven't tried using the bike in low power mode yet, this is my usual setting, so the battery may have a degree of spare capacity for the task of commuting.

This motor is much more powerful than the 2008 model, so come winter time I think that I may be needing a new higher capacity battery. But I will review this as and when the need arises.

I am very pleased to keep the pro connect on the road, but at what point does it cease to become the original bike? I think I only have the frame, battery and handlebars from my original purchase!
Apologies for the delay in replying - broke my elbow a week ago, so have been off typing.

Good to know that the original set of wiring and controller are not too motor specific

You mention the "3rd plug for the walk along throttle". I am one of the few enthusiasts of the "walk along throttle", which slimmed down to a relatively discrete pushbutton compared with the original lever style potentiometer.

It is great for negotiating the bike along small garden paths etc. and almost essential for getting home with a broken elbow !

James

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I am one of the few enthusiasts of the "walk along throttle"
My Xion-powered PC has a push-button walk mode assist feature which I couldn't ever envisage using when I first got the bike. As my 70 yard back garden path is all uphill and I need to negotiate the bike through an arch and around some tight bends, I have found the feature really useful so I guess I'm a fan now too.

Tom

landyguy2

Pedelecer
May 27, 2014
I am looking for a replacement motor for my panasonic nua009 on a pro connect
Which motors will fit the frame etc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I am looking for a replacement motor for my panasonic nua009 on a pro connect
Which motors will fit the frame etc
All of the 26 volt motors and some, if not all (check) 36 volt from 2008 onwards will fit. They all use the same casing and bolt pattern. It makes sense for them to do this, because it means that the bike manufacturers don't have to re-tool each time a new motor is produced.

I do believe that there are some differences with the handlebar controllers though and not all will mix and match.

(My 2008 Agattu, which I bought to cannibalise for the motor, is surplus to my needs now that I have found a replacement motor from Martin.)

Reactions: Martin@e-bikeshop