Panasonic throttle not working with Cycle Analyst

Zoota

Just Joined
Sep 5, 2021
Hi all,

My name is Matt and I have been in the cycling industry for a while. This is my first post.

I have been paying with and fixing Steps, bosch, fusa, suntour and bafang pedelecs for couple of years.
Recently I was asked to look at a 2008-2010 Flyer S series with a Panasonic mid, the guy had a Cycle Analyst fitted and the throttle worked once and has failed to work since.

Not shy about digging in to new areas in the bike world I have had a look at the Cycle Analyst manual and so far it looks like the customers electrician who fitted it did a good job.
The display reads power when the throttle is used but no motor engagement.

Any help would be appreciated

Zoota

Just Joined
Sep 5, 2021
It is using the original controller and the throttle is plugged in to the newly fitted Cycle analyst as per instruction, there is only the internal hall sensor.
Hope this helps?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It is using the original controller and the throttle is plugged in to the newly fitted Cycle analyst as per instruction, there is only the internal hall sensor.
Hope this helps?
It doesn't help much. That Panasonic motor never had a throttle, nor a way to fit one. All the Cycle Analyst does is take inputs from sensors (throttle, PAS and/or anything else) and re-process them into a standard throttle signal that connects to the throttle input on a normal controller that the Pansonic doesn't have.

If it's been connected to the Panasonic, they must have hacked in to the control board somehow - maybe by connecting to the torque sensor.

Zoota

Just Joined
Sep 5, 2021
It doesn't help much. That Panasonic motor never had a throttle, nor a way to fit one. All the Cycle Analyst does is take inputs from sensors (throttle, PAS and/or anything else) and re-process them into a standard throttle signal that connects to the throttle input on a normal controller that the Pansonic doesn't have.

If it's been connected to the Panasonic, they must have hacked in to the control board somehow - maybe by connecting to the torque sensor.
I think they did a shunt and then plugged the r ed ,black and green connection from the throttle in to the C A.

In honesty I don't have much hope for it, I personally believe it will need to by pass the hall sensor to work, but I didn't do the fit and wirer it in.

Attachments

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Switch to the diagnostics screen (the one with the throttle 'in' and 'out' voltages) and let us know what they read at both 'no throttle' and 'full throttle'. You should end up with four readings in total.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think they did a shunt and then plugged the r ed ,black and green connection from the throttle in to the C A.

In honesty I don't have much hope for it, I personally believe it will need to by pass the hall sensor to work, but I didn't do the fit and wirer it in.
The shunt only measures the current from the battery. Without knowing how the thing is connected to the motor and what the guy who fitted it uses to control the power, it's virtually impossible to help you. He could have the original torque sensor integrated, or he could use the current control algorithms. You'd have to go through every setting in it, of which there are a lot in the V3. You also need to follow the wires to the motor and see which ones are connected where.