Part Exchange....

hopbackguy

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2015
Horndean, Hampshire
...does the concept exist for any dealers in the e-bike market? Not having bought or sold any bikes in my life as expensive as my current one, I wondered if part exchange was offered by any dealer in the UK?

D

Deleted member 4366

I'd be very surprised if any dealer would take a Kalkhoff Impulse in part exchange if that's the bike you're talking about.

I know that SYEBC have taken bikes in part exchange - even very rough ones - and given a reasonable amount for them, but, again, I can't see them giving value on your Kalkhoff.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I discussed p\x on my Wisper v a BH Revo...such a derisory amount I decided I'd pay more than that for my bike so decided to keep it. It's actually put me off using that dealer ever again. I'd prefer they just said no.

hopbackguy

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2015
Horndean, Hampshire
Thanks guys. Doesn't sound like px is common practice which is what I expected. I was just thinking ahead to possibly next year, while mine is still under guarantee, maybe selling and buying something in a different style in the light of my experience with my first ebike. More MTB, less pure road bike. It's given me a new interest in cycling and trying some of the green lanes and tracks around my way which I can't do on the current bike.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
A clue would be second hand bikes for sale in the shop!
In my case I had bought 3 bikes over the last 3 years and the bike in question was a Scott/Bosch emtb with a recently fitted new motor.
When I asked they told me that they don't do px but would make an exception because they know the bike is ok and it would serve as a loan bike when someone brings one in for repair .. and I suppose that 3 x £3000 purchases makes me a good customer..