Help! PAS not working

RavenCoder

Just Joined
Aug 30, 2022
I recently bought an AW-EBE000011 1000W rear hub e-bike conversion kit (https://amzn.to/3e0QL2h) . I've got the throttle working fine, but I'm having trouble with the PAS. It came with a KT-V12L PAS which spins the motor when I connect it up and turn it by hand. However due to particularities of the frame, I cannot install it on my crank set. I bought the KT-D12L PAS sensor and 12 magnet disk and installed it. The sensor blinks every time a magnet passes like it's supposed to, but the motor doesn't spin.

I 've read that I have to change the C settings. I have a KT-LCD1 display. Though I can access the C settings, they don't seem to be documented in the manual. I tried setting C1 to 03, which for the KT-LCD3 sets Power Assist Sensor and Parameter Select Mode to a 12 magnet sensor, however there was no change. Not sure if the setting is different on the LCD1 or I'm missing something else.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Try pedal backwards to see if PAS engages, if so flip the magnet disc face.
C1 03 is correct , personally I would choose a 10 pole magnet disc as they work so much better. 12 poles are temperamental.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
12 poles are temperamental
Some magnet disks used to state "working surface" on them. I can't say I ever had an issue with a twelve pole. I just got a KT V6 installed and a part from the lack of poles it worked well but now I changed the bottom bracket it won't spin the spindle axle is slightly narrower than my original BB.

RavenCoder

Just Joined
Aug 30, 2022
I've fixed it. Apparently the signal and ground lines were switched on the sensor's connector. I've temporarily created an adapter, and will eventually crimp on a new connector that is correct.