PAS not working

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi all I don't really know why my PAS isn't working, as it was sunday, but I have tried al help on youtube, I have a G51 Controller but it only goes up to Program 16 I have seen a lot on youtube goes up to 18 on program 10 it says driving mode 0 = pas only 1 = throttle 2 = Pas + Throttle I have checked and its on no 2 so PAS should be working but its not.

any help is most appreciated

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If it just stopped working, there's something wrong with the sensor, not the LCD. Did you check that the gap between the sensor and magnet disc is a nice even 1mm? If that's not it, check that the wire isn't damaged or something wrong with the connector.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
If it just stopped working, there's something wrong with the sensor, not the LCD. Did you check that the gap between the sensor and magnet disc is a nice even 1mm? If that's not it, check that the wire isn't damaged or something wrong with the connector.

Hi do you mean I need to remove a pedal to get to the sensor as I have never removed it before

also to get throttle to work I have to show 1 digit of the PAS seems strange

52421 52422

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well I have now removed the sensor cleaned it up, but still no Power Assist so I'm totally lost what it can be now

all help is appreciated

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I thought you might have the conventional type with separate disc and sensor.

Those sensors, like you have, do pack up sometimes. Normally, they jam with dirt, so the inner doesn't go round with the pedals, but some just pack up. Does it have a red light on it that flashes when it's working?

It's normal on most controllers to only get throttle on level 1 and above.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I thought you might have the conventional type with separate disc and sensor.

Those sensors, like you have, do pack up sometimes. Normally, they jam with dirt, so the inner doesn't go round with the pedals, but some just pack up. Does it have a red light on it that flashes when it's working?

It's normal on most controllers to only get throttle on level 1 and above.
Hi saneagle I think I've fixed it, as I tried a setting on control panel a program I cant think what number it was now as it starts at program 1 and go up to Program 19. I had placed the bike on a stand and tried PAS and it started up after i cranked pedal round by hand, I've not tried it on the road yet, But I'm confident its working again. I did mess with a program silly me, But forgot which one it was.

Last edited: