PAS sensor how to get at it?

D

Deleted member 4366

That looks very similar to the one in Cyclezee's post the other day. I haven't a clue, but when you get it sorted let them know.

My only though is that the raised part on the chainwheel side is like a hub-cap that prises off to give you access to something.

The photo's not clear enough for me. Are those three shiny things some sort of screws on the other side?

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Thanks for that d8veh, will try that to-morrow, there is an old controller in there and it looks like it has been fitted from the chainwheel side?
Will let you know how I go on.
The 3 things on the L H side are indents for an S spanner or some think like it??

Bob

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The 3 things on the L H side are indents for an S spanner or some think like it??

Bob
You need to unscrew it then! If you haven't got the tool. you could try mole-grips.

mxer125

Pedelecer
May 13, 2011
Like D8veh said unscrew it (slight knock with a punch helps) then there is an allen key grub screw on the crank remove this then the whole unit slides out, but that's all you can do as the unit is sealed and is no use to you out so my advice is to leave it well alone never atempt to take it apart!!! I tried and failed (wanted to replace a bent crank) nightmare one way lockout washers holding it all together internally with pressed on bearings with optical pas right nightmare actually wondered how thay got it together ???.....

The other side is a nightmare too, Lol, Under the grey hub cap is the pas tourque mechanism pop this cap off and you will end up with a box of springs these are great fun to try to put back together under tension, Ask me how i know!!! Oh the fond memories..

If it is pas you are after, I would look into an aftermarket one.

Btw, i was fortuanate with my tourque crank as mine came with a whole spare unit when i bought the bike, just thought while it's off i will try to fix it, this was just after i fitted my Smax with a brand new clutch, which went considerly better than the the crank on a push bike ....

Last edited:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Messing about with an old folder, replace brush motor controller fitted throttle and brake switches but need to get at the PAS sensor?

Old Controller In Bottom Bracket Photo by dafferbob | Photobucket

Any advise?

Bob:confused:
Hi Bob,

I love your car,i would feel so cool driving that,and the engine is so clean you can put bleach to shame.
The big question is,can i have it? Or at least part exchange it with my Life Cycle Mountainsport ebike.

Mountainsport. BE OUTRAGEOUS JUST THIS ONCE............:eek:

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Mxer125 thanks for the reply and I think you have answered the question, i will stick a new PAS externally and leave the crank alone.

Mountinsport the 1973 Green Machine is my other tinkering machine, there is less than 20 left in the UK and only about 12 running on the road.
Thats why I have my folder I can put it in the back just in case!!!

Bob:cool:

P.S. must find out how to post just one picture?