Pas sensor

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
image.jpg Hello all

I need some more advice please.

I'm just about to buy the front motor kit from oxydrive to fit on another bike and I have had a look at the bottom bracket and it looks like it's the octalink v2, so what I need to know is what will be the best pas to fit this kind of bracket?

I have sent Andrew a email to let me know what one will be best but I have not had a reply yet.

Thanks for any info

Steve

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you can dremel out the fins on the PAS disc and bolt the disc to the smallest chainring.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you can't fit left hand PAS to hollotech.

D

Deleted member 4366

Think about upgrading your chainset to a Shimano Hollowtech like the M590. It costs about £65 and is so much better.

Andrew did mention getting special PAS sensors for hollowtech and Octalink with his next batch of kits, which are on their way. Maybe he's trying to get a progress report before answering you.

Reactions: STEVEMANFA

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Just had a email back from Andrew and he said the disk in the kit will fit my crank, I just need to open it up to make it fit
But I'm still not sure why trex said it won't fit, can anyone shed some light on this

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there is not enough gap between the crank and the bottom bracket to fit either the split disc or the left side sensor. Both require a minimum 6mm gap to fit, less than that, the disc tends to get stuck to the crank. The best way I found is to dremel out the fins of the split disc and bolt the two haves directly onto the inside ring.
mounting split disc:

left side PAS for Hollotech:

D

Deleted member 4366

When your kit comes, the first thing you have to do is install the wheel, battery and LCD. Then you can test the pedal sensor in your hand to see if it would work on only one or both sides of the crank. Once you know that, post here again and we can give exact advice how to fit it. You can always fit them, but often, you have to do a small amount of simple DIY.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you find that it would work on the rhs then it is a tidier solution against the chain ring and is all but unnoticeable.